Joining segmented movies
kraqh3d Wrote:@MrHipster
If yuo're using Confluence, navigate left from the file browser window and a panel will pop out. Then go to misc options and navigate right for another panel. Stacking is on that second panel.

@Philco
OSX should have the cat command.

Ok I really appreciate you trying to help and I'm not trying to be difficult but I think you want me to use the dreaded "Terminal"
For a start I wouldn't know what to type in and secondly and more importantly the last time I used the Terminal I hit "return" one too many times and my computer turned itself off.............I'm serious, it turned itself off.
Not only that, it wouldn't go back on.
I'm talking serious nasty crash of the money losing kind. Two days of lost work and a system re install and I was back up and running in a very crippled way.

....the Terminal is dangerous.No
@Philco - thanks !! - found it using your instructions.
One more question pls. Now that I've checked stacked - does that mean that if I have 4 consecutive episodes of the same tv show in my Movies folder on my ATV,
that they will keep playing one after the other, or like a Toyota with a stuck floormat !
@spiff - Thanks -sorry I missed that.
@MrHipster
Yes. Well maybe. If you're in files view and stack a folder of tv episodes, they may stack together, it depends on the looseness of the regexps. If they do, and you play the single stacked item, all the episodes will play in succession.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Try this program for split files if you don't want to use Terminal.app.

http://www.xs4all.nl/~loekjehe/Split&Concat/
MrHipster Wrote:@Philco - thanks !! - found it using your instructions.
One more question pls. Now that I've checked stacked - does that mean that if I have 4 consecutive episodes of the same tv show in my Movies folder on my ATV,
that they will keep playing one after the other, or like a Toyota with a stuck floormat !

Cool....he he heNod, to be honest I'm not sure if Stack will do that. I better read the manual and check it out.

On another note it's amazing what XBMC will allow you to do with your media.
Everything I watch has "Soft Subs" that is ....subtitles on a separate file that must reside in the same folder as the movie. That file must have the same name as the movie but a different file extension (.srt) (another reason why these split files don't work.....they are all named differently so the sub file won't work at all)
Anyway what I was going to say is that because of the incredible control panels on XBMC I can "slip" the subs forward or back in time. Now THAT is an incredible feature and I use it all the time.
I also always have to go into "Pixel Ratio" and set it at minus 90. This makes the picture fit perfectly on my LCD TV. Brilliant stuff really.

I notice that Boxee does not have the ability to remember what position in the movie you were up to if you leave the app and return. All movie parameters that you might have set are lost as soon as you stop watching the movie. That really sucks and makes Boxee unusable IMO.
XBMC is so much more elegant in so many ways.
@kraqh3d - Thanks !! I'll see what happens. Maybe I'll watch 24. When u back out all
the ads its only 17 hrs instead of 24 !!!!

thanks for everyones help !!
I was using Boxee for 18 months and then decided to try out XBMC. I have never
gone back. !!!
That sounds about right Smile Every 30 minutes of American broadcast tv contains about 7.5 minutes of commerical time.

But even if the stacking doesnt work, you can always use the "Play" action on a folder. It builds a sorted queue of the contents and starts playing at the first item. On the aTV, I have the universal buttons mapped which provide the Play action with the default keymap. It may be accessible via the context menu as well, but I'm not sure.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Thanks, since moving to France, have gotten spoiled. All movies and tv shows play with no interruptions. Only ads come on at 5 min before the hour i.e : 8:55, then for 5 min. and then the next show or movie comes on. I think I'd go nuts going back to US style tv programming. Also they don't pixelate out breasts and ass here.
And if you do happen to go into cardiac arrest because of great boobs on tv, then you're covered by the national health care.
live4ever Wrote:Try this program for split files if you don't want to use Terminal.app.

http://www.xs4all.nl/~loekjehe/Split&Concat/

Alright!!! You're a champion!! That works a treat and it's obviously the way that everyone does it.

So the trick is to drop the second file on it and it concats all the others onto the first one which becomes the full file.

Brilliant! Thanks so much.Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Joining segmented movies0