HDMI help
Hi, I am new to linux xbmc (switching for hardware acceleration)

I have installed ubuntu 9.1 and it works fine on my vga monitor. However when connecting it to my onkyo txsr606, i see my computer starting but as soon as i get the ubuntu logo it goes black.

My video is integrated (hence the desire for acceleration) and it is a nvidia 6150 le. It plays fine with the vga monitor with 1080p, but i really need the hdmi....

Any help would be greatly appreciated
depending on your nvidia drivers you may need to downgrade to 185 version, there were some reports that newer drivers (190,195) brake some hdmi functionality, just a thought
Sounds like your receiver is doing something stupid to the EDID info. Does it work over HDMI directly to the TV? If so there are some EDID options you can pass to the nvidia driver that might help. Read the docs for your driver, it should explain them pretty well.
OK, so here is what happened, I thought it was working-- its not

It does not even show bios starting any more via HDMI. I have tried version 173 and 185 with same results

Thanks!
any ideas?
jsnkid Wrote:OK, so here is what happened, I thought it was working-- its not

It does not even show bios starting any more via HDMI. I have tried version 173 and 185 with same results

Thanks!

If it's not even showing the BIOS then this has nothing to do with the software drivers - investigate the hardware and the options in the BIOS (connect it to a monitor). Give us details on the hardware for starters - when you hook it to the monitor is it via some sort of adapter or another port? Need more info...
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HDMI help0