Problem connecting PC to TV
I have a HTPC based on the Zotac ION A-B board. When i connect it to my TV through HDMI it's zoomed in, like my TV isn't big enough.

I've checked the resolution and it seems fine for a 1080p screen, the same as i had it for my 1080 monitor(which it worked fine with).

I think this is called overscanning right?

How can i fix this?
Disable overscan on your TV, not all of them call it overscan so you may want to check your manual or google your brand/model and how to disable overscan.

If you cannot disable it use the System->Settings->Video Calibration to compensate.
I had similar issues on my Zotac GF-9300-G-E board. I manually upgraded to the latest NVIDIA drivers and they had an option for overscan with them. That fixed the issue for me.
I'm using the 185 drivers now. I'm worried about upgrading to 190 as I have heard it can break some things.

I'm connecting the htpc to my yamaha amp which goes into my samsung ps50b530s.

Unfortunately I cannot find anything relating to overscan.

Any help is really appreciated
Took a quick look at Samsung manual online I believe they call disabled overscan "Screen Fit" mode, you can find it under "advanced settings->picture options->size".
No i don't seem to have that on my TV.

I'll give the 190 drivers a go, it's worth a shot
Set your Tv screen size to "Just Scan" and it should work. Upgrading to the new drivers should be fine though. Make sure vdpau is updated too.
Ok new drivers have an overscan compensation slider so it's all good now.

How do i update vdpau?
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade

Should take care of it I think.
Just one other thing,

When i reboot the machine it reverts back to the way it was with overscan, only when i select Nvidia settings from preferences does it adjust for overscan.

How do i sort this?
Settings->Appearance->Skin->Zoom

Set it to about -4 and should fix it.
prae5 Wrote:Settings->Appearance->Skin->Zoom

Set it to about -4 and should fix it.

Yea the overscan's fixed, i just need the nvidia settings to load during boot up
If you use the method i suggested it will be persistent between boots.
perfect!

Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem connecting PC to TV0