[AppleTV] Remove open/close drive button
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/8705

Since the Apple TV doesn't have an optical cd/dvd drive, is it possible to remove the eject/open/close button which is visible when shutting down xbmc?
I know this button is needed for OSX hardware with an optical drive such as Mac Mini, but not for Apple TV, as there's no cd/dvd drive.
legato23 Wrote:http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/8705

Since the Apple TV doesn't have an optical cd/dvd drive, is it possible to remove the eject/open/close button which is visible when shutting down xbmc?
I know this button is needed for OSX hardware with an optical drive such as Mac Mini, but not for Apple TV, as there's no cd/dvd drive.

What about those users that do have an optical drive connected to their AppleTV ? What will they do if the eject/open/close button is removed ?
davilla Wrote:What about those users that do have an optical drive connected to their AppleTV ? What will they do if the eject/open/close button is removed ?

If hardware = Apple TV then check optical drive present -> no? -> remove button Laugh
legato23 Wrote:If hardware = Apple TV then check optical drive present -> no? -> remove button Laugh

1) add code to check for a physical cd/dvd drive present at runtime.
2) add code to watch for a USB cd/dvd drive added/removed.
3) add code to skin to support show/hide of eject/open/close button.
4) test and verify operation on all three platforms.
5) send bill to client for implementation based on 1-2 weeks of work.
davilla Wrote:1) add code to check for a physical cd/dvd drive present at runtime.
2) add code to watch for a USB cd/dvd drive added/removed.
3) add code to skin to support show/hide of eject/open/close button.
4) test and verify operation on all three platforms.
5) send bill to client for implementation based on 1-2 weeks of work.

Hi Davilla, yes you're right. It's very easy for me to do a feature request thinking it will be easy to implement, without even knowing how to program or knowing what it takes. I apologize if I offended you with this.
My feature request was actually supposed to be some sort of help for all of you developers to add a feature request from an end-user to make xbmc more and more completed en fine-tuned.
Please let me know if I can help you someway (for example, I'm from the Netherlands, so if you need to translate anything in Dutch.. let me know!)

PS: Thanks for the hard work regarding Crystal HD! Your hard work made me buy an Apple TV and Crystal HD card and replaced the xbox classic.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV] Remove open/close drive button0