1080p/24 does not work?
Hi!

Is there any know issues with autoswitching to 24fps depending on source material?

I have tried out both on my Projector and my LCD same result. Only get 1080/60hz
Add this to the device section of your xorg.conf:

Code:
Option         "DynamicTwinView" "False"
Option         "FlatPanelProperties" "Scaling = Native"
bobo1on1 Wrote:Add this to the device section of your xorg.conf:

Code:
Option         "DynamicTwinView" "False"
Option         "FlatPanelProperties" "Scaling = Native"

Thanks.. A Noobs question.. Should not that file be in the Etc/X11 dir? I can find it
yes xorg.conf is in the /etc/X11 directory.
cejstrup Wrote:yes xorg.conf is in the /etc/X11 directory.

And if I cant find it?
not possible! check /etc/X11/xorg.conf
XBMC SVN (updated every week) ubuntu Karmic 64bits
Intel E5200/ 3 Go Ram / Nvidia GT220 1Go / 6To (1.5To x 4 Raid 5)
I am new to Linux and also spent some time searching for xorg.conf reading in numerous places that it is meant to be in /etc/X11. My understanding is that from 9.10 there is no xorg.conf present by default, what I did was to open XF86Config in the same directory and save it as xorg.conf then made the changes required based on that file.

This might not be "the right way to do it", but the settings definetly took effect

Niclas
nlindblo Wrote:I am new to Linux and also spent some time searching for xorg.conf reading in numerous places that it is meant to be in /etc/X11. My understanding is that from 9.10 there is no xorg.conf present by default, what I did was to open XF86Config in the same directory and save it as xorg.conf then made the changes required based on that file.

This might not be "the right way to do it", but the settings definetly took effect

Niclas

Thanks will try this.
sensei73 Wrote:not possible! check /etc/X11/xorg.conf

Well if the is only one ETC dir then I have checked it.. And no there is no file with that name.
Hi,

I have added the code to the xorg.conf, but if I change the settings to 1080/24 the picture gets larger so that the outer frames are not displayed on my TV.
With 1080/60 the picture size is correct.

Any ideas?
you have to calibrate for each res/freq
bionicmunky Wrote:you have to calibrate for each res/freq
can you give me any hint, link, ...?
look in settings . It's system -> video output -> video calibration
whoelse Wrote:Hi,

I have added the code to the xorg.conf, but if I change the settings to 1080/24 the picture gets larger so that the outer frames are not displayed on my TV.
With 1080/60 the picture size is correct.

Any ideas?

You "can" correct the overscan using calibrate video as another poster has suggested. However - you should check your TV configuration and see if you can disable overscan there first. Look for options talking about overscan or 1:1. Ideally, you need to configure one-to-one pixel mapping. Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
1080p/24 does not work?0