A different suspend issue...
I'm running the latest xbmcbuntu on a Zotac ION ITX-C-U.

I have everything working perfectly except that my system won't suspend if I have the IR receiver plugged in (USB). It goes to black screen with blinking cursor and locks up. There's no way to recover without holding in the power button to turn it off. If I unplug the IR receiver before hand, suspend works perfectly.

I've done a LOT of searching through the forums and can only find information related to resume issues. I cannot find anything related to failure to suspend with IR receiver plugged in.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.
you can try this(it worked for me):

Code:
sudo apt-get install uswsusp

and then manually from the console

Code:
sudo s2ram --force

however the better approach is to check the log file after your regular suspend approach:

vim /var/log/pm-suspend.log

and see what may be causing fail sleep attempt
Pass usbcore.autosuspend=-1 on the kernel line in your bootloader config. This isn't a new issue.
Here's what I have in /etc/default/grub file:

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash xbmc=autostart,noredir loglevel=-1 usbcore.autosuspend=-1"

After saving the change, I ran update-grub and rebooted. I still have the same symptom. Is there something I'm missing?
There is something strange with the power management in the release version of 9.11. A lot of us are having exactly this problem.

Mine for example is one of two states, I can either- get the box to power off, but then I have to use the power button (box, not remote) to restart OR power off with the remote but it immediately restarts (if left alone for a while, it will power down on its own, but then require a hard-start).

I have spent a good 40 hours on researching this and literally hundreds of reboots but I'm stuck in one of those two states. The thing that really kills me is that it worked perfectly (power down and restart) from the remote in 9.04, beta1 and beta2. The only thing that changed is the OS, bios is exactly the same, and the log file is no help. It just shows a 9 second delay from poweroff to wakeup.
Zoo,

Thanks for the feedback. Just to add something I've learned in my research on this. I'm starting to believe this problem is an Ubuntu issue and not an xbmc issue. I can boot straight into linux without xbmc and reproduce the problem from the command line. I've tried a number of different ways to put the unit into suspend from the command line and I get the exact same symptom. Xbmc is not even running. I started a thread on the Ubuntu forums. Hopefully someone will chime in and help from there.
Some additional info. There are quite a few recently logged bugs in the Ubuntu space regarding suspend/resume issues. It seems to be something introduced in Karmic.
I've gotten some feedback from the Ubuntu folks. It appears Karmic has indeed introduced some issues(bugs) with the power management features. The 9.11 release of xbmc is documented to work on Jaunty per the Wiki. I will reinstall everything on Jaunty and report back.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A different suspend issue...0