A few pronlems/bugs with Camelot release
Hi,

Apologies if this has been raised before, I could not find anything in the forums.

Ever since I upgraded to the latest stable Camelot release I have had lots of problems.

- Some of my remote buttons no longer work (e.g.pause). I only use Event Ghost to map buttons, with default XBMC configuration
- A "Frames/per second" OSD has appeared in the top corner. I have an NVIDIA GTX285 card, but OSD is turned off and is not displaying in any of my games
- XBMC freezes every-now and is generally more slugish than before.

I run on Vista 64 with and Intel i7 chipset.

Any help/pointers would be appreciated. If not I will revert to Rev21925 which I used before and had no problems with.

Cheers,

Rix
For 2 turn off debug logging (Settings->System->Debugging)

A debug log will tell you whether or not you are receiving remote events for pause etc.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thanks Jonathan,

I think the FPS is not displayed by XBMC directly but rather overlayed by my video card due to the way XBMC interacts with the card.

Some of my games has exactly the same display, but I can switch those off with a program called Gamers OSD. Even with it (and the XBMC debug) switched off it is still there. Not in window mode BTW.

It also does not happen in Rev21925 with exactly the same settings. So must be something switched on in the latest releases of XBMC.

Cheers,

Richo
That's something you've turned on via some other app then - nothing to do with us. Note that your old version was likely using OpenGL rather than DirectX. I'm certain it'll be a setting somewhere in your graphics drivers and/or some other program (FRAPS?) that's messing with it.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Thanks Jonathan, moving to DirectX would explain why it suddenly appeared.

The FPS was caused by a faulty Gamers OSD program, which I updated and that is now working.

That only leaves the navigation problems, where it appears the Camelot release might have shuffled the key mappings.

Cheers,

Rix
Hi Jonathan,

Looking at the logs it appears that the pause command is coming through but that there is an error and the video does not pause....

22:35:13 T:1712 M:4294967295 DEBUG: WinEventsWin32.cpp: APPCOMMAND 47
22:35:13 T:1712 M:4294967295 DEBUG: CApplication::OnPlayBackPaused - Playback was paused
22:35:13 T:1712 M:4294967295 DEBUG: CApplication::OnPlayBackResumed - Playback was resumed
22:35:13 T:4312 M:4294967295 DEBUG: CDVDPlayerAudio:: Discontinuty - was:11662193.759957, should be:11672005.793965, error:9812.034008

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Rix
As a guess, we're picking up two events: The pause event from APPCOMMAND 47, and another event from elsewhere. Post the full Debug Log (pastebin).

Cheers,
Jonathan

Thanks Jonathan,

How do I post the whole log? What is pastebin?

The log text is 86739 chars which is not allowed.

Also is there anyway I can see which commands are being sent from the remote?

Cheers,

Rix
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=what+is+pastebin

Paste there, link to it here.

Cheers,
Jonathan

lmgtfy Laugh very subtle

Sorry thought it was a forum specific thing

http://pastebin.com/m2321740a

Thanks again for your help.

Cheers,

Rix
Jonathan,

I have found the problem. It appears that some of the buttons on my remote (Gyration) is now automatically mapped to certain functions in XBMC. Since I had to map these buttons using EventGhost for them to work in previous versions XBMC the commands now came through twice.

Removing the EventGhost mappings fixed the issue. Strangely only certain buttons seem to be auto mapped now. e.g. play, stop and pause are mapped automatically but I still need to map forward and rewind in EventGhost.

Thanks for you help.

Cheers,

Richo
Yup, exactly as I thought. Interesting that ffwd/rewd aren't picked up - I'll try and remember to ping our win32 remote guru about that.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A few pronlems/bugs with Camelot release0