Looking for a windows xp tweak
Hi,

I've just installed XBMC 9.1 and I'm facing an annoying issue.

My computer is connected to both PC and TV (Extended view) which means that I can't really run XBMC on my TV because it opens on my main view which is the PC.

Does anyone else have that issue and managed to solve it somehow?

Thanks,
Welcome to the forums.

Settings->System->Video options->Resolution

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thanks a lot for that. I guess i didn't try that because older versions didn't have that feature.

Great addition!
Another question on the same subject,
I have changed my resolution settings so XBMC runs on my TV and not my PC screen, but when XBMC is opened on the tv, i cannot use the pc screen for anything because every time i click somewhere in the screen the XBMC window gets minimized.

Any way of solving that?

Thanks!
orweinberger Wrote:Another question on the same subject,
I have changed my resolution settings so XBMC runs on my TV and not my PC screen, but when XBMC is opened on the tv, i cannot use the pc screen for anything because every time i click somewhere in the screen the XBMC window gets minimized.

Any way of solving that?

Thanks!

Yes, you need to check the "run as fullscreen window instead of true full screen" check box.

However, be aware that quite a few of us, when this option is enabled and XBMC is running on the 2nd display are running into very high cpu usage.
Thanks.. works great, but as you said - brings my E7400 to %53 CPU
orweinberger Wrote:Thanks.. works great, but as you said - brings my E7400 to %53 CPU

Yes, definitely appears to be a bug, I hope the developers are aware of it. I've been meaning to open up a case on it, but maybe if more people do it will get fixed.
Xbmc is a htpc software not just a small video player. You have to take xbmc like a game using direct3d, i dont know a lot of game where you can navigate on the web and play at the same time without a loss in cpu performance
tiben20 Wrote:Xbmc is a htpc software not just a small video player. You have to take xbmc like a game using direct3d, i dont know a lot of game where you can navigate on the web and play at the same time without a loss in cpu performance

tiben,

I think you misunderstand. If I'm in the XBMC confluence skin FULLSCREEN at 1440X900 resolution on the primary display browsing my movies in thumbnail view, I am using 20% cpu. If I move the XBMC window over to the secondary display I am seeing cpu usage spiking up to 100%.

Un-check the box for "windowed fullscreen" and performance is good. Turn on windowed fullscreen and performance goes in the tank.

This happens when there is nothing else going on with the PC, no other applications but XBMC running.

This is also very easy to reproduce. Just set up dual display with an ATI video card and the latest Catalyst drivers and find out for yourself that moving from primary to secondary display induces these performance problems.
I get the same as voip-ninja, nothing is open on the PC other than XBMC, spikes to ~60% from ~15 just for switching to 'true full window'

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Looking for a windows xp tweak0