XBMC Locks up every time playing video files
I'm streaming video files from the NAS.

I can reproduce it every time. I have multiple other pcs running xbmc connecting to the same NAS with no issues.

Architecture: i686
XBMC 9.11 Repack (Linux Live)
Skin: Doesn't matter (tried multiple)

Here is the log file: http://pastebin.com/m117b80fe

Symptoms:
- When the video locks up, the ping times to my xbmc pc slow way down...timeout and eventually can't connect.

I would be thrilled if someone could help me on this. I had no problems with 9.04 but I really don't want to downgrade.

Thanks,

ScAndal
Update: I tried a fresh install of 9.11 beta 1, beta 2 and RC and all have the same issue and I could reproduce it every time.

I did a fresh install of final 9.04 and it worked flawless.

Any help would be appreciated,

ScAndal
I've had some similar issues to the ones you describe. Now I'm no Linux expert by any stretch of the imagination but this is what helped me solve my problems.

On my Nas jumbo frames were enabled, disabling those eliminated alot of my problems. It's possible your NAS doesn't support jumbo frames which makes this a moot point obviously.

After disabling jumbo frames I still had the freezing problem albeit alot less often. So after some searching on the internet I tried disabling auto negotiate on my network card. This sorted out most of my remaining problems.
Go to the terminal and enter: 'sudo ethtool -s eth0 speed 1000 duplex full autoneg off'. Change the parameters (eth0, speed etc.) to whats applicable to your situation, the important part is autoneg off obviously.

If that works you can just add that line to /etc/rc.local
Hope this helps.
Thanks Cheech! I'll give it a shot today.

I don't think it's a setting on my NAS (Windows Home Server) as I have 3 other computers that stream files from this NAS no problems.

But I am going to play with the ethernet settings to see if it has any effects.

I'll keep you posted,

ScAndal

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Locks up every time playing video files0