A couple questions about Alaska...
Disable 'Show Parent Folder Items' under Appearance and disable 'Show Rating Stars' under Alaska.
great, i see that i have many thoughts in common with arktoga!

Hitcher, thanks for prompt and qualifying replies!
Yesss!
Thanks for the quick and helpful reply!

Nod
grey Wrote:it worked, thank you!

yet, another question. i've been reading about opensubtitles_osd script, and it needs a kinda skin hack. are you planning on supporting it? imho, really nice thing:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=56083
Yes, though whether I'll have time to create it's own Alaska theme is another matter.
I have the same issue as this gentleman. Hid the settings in Alaska Revisited to have a clean main menu (thinking there would be an Apple-remote button gesture to retrieve it) and now i can not alter any of the major settings.

I can not press S as i have no keyboard or mobile iOS device attached to my ATV2

Is there an ssh command i can enter to put the settings tab back, or reset to defaults?
Fixed it. Probably did it the long way tho..

Used Cyberduck to get into the Apple TV2 files, found the settings file called 'guisettings.xml' after hunting around, copied it to my Mac, used Adobe Dreameaver to open it, found the settings line:

<setting type="bool" name="skin.alaska.revisited.mod.nosettings">false</setting>

and changed true to false. Then deleted the original off the ATV2 and saved the altered one to it. After resetting the ATV2 it was back!

I'm sure there's an easier way. Maybe include a remote control gesture to access it if hidden (menu + play?) for the next release.
TheUnfound Wrote:I'm sure there's an easier way. Maybe include a remote control gesture to access it if hidden (menu + play?) for the next release.

Can't the Shutdown menu be mapped to your remote?
Don't know, i'm a noob. Will look settings.

Library won't update new files now. Seems the problem is caused when you modify XML outside off ATV2. Trying to fix that issue now

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A couple questions about Alaska...0