Combining scrapers?
Hi there,

please don't kill me (right now): Would it be possible to combine different scrapers. Let's say the "iMDB" scraper does only find maybe 2-3 of my 10 movies (because of a different language and such or poor algorithms), but I know that another scraper is actually able to find the other 7 or 8, why not combine those two/three/four until

a) all movies were found
b) all (selected) scrapers were used

Is that technically possible?

Thanks for your answer.
It's possible by specifying a url in an nfo file. XBMC will use whichever scraper can accept that url.

In general, XBMC does not support running multiple scrapers on the same file and trying to pick the "best" results. This would require:

1. Some sort of priority of scrapers to try.
2. Some measure of "best".

It would be interesting to see what the results of this would be.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Yep.

A priority would be needed, but a return code as well. Basically, it would require to return "found a movie" or "did not find anything using scraper n" - in that case continue using the next scraper with the current movie in the list... Maybe some "advanced" mode would include: one movie on all selected scrapers, if most of those scrapers return the same resultset (maybe weighted on "title"?), it's possible (!) that this is the correct one. On the other hand this is kind of

a) time consuming
b) imprecise (in case we're using scrapers for different languages and the results are locally translated)

Edit: I'm not a C++ coder (just Java), but I tried to give it a shot. Broke it down to "VideoInfoScanner.cpp" (using my über-tool "Notepadd++" Wink , but still unsure if that's the right place to look for. Anyway, I think I will try something - or maybe a more skilled C programmer?
It passed some time since the last post, but I think this could be a great idea to sponsor... is there still someone looking at implementing such a feature? Having the scraper addons somewhat chained is definitely what I'm looking for.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Combining scrapers?0