Looking for info on watched vs. unwatched
Currently I'm using Qualar's Rapier MOD. I prefer the views and changes in Qualar's the best except for one point.

Qualar's view is that videos should have a tick (checkmark) once they're watched, leaving anything unwatched with no marks.

Sranshaft's ColorFork (which I also like) view is that videos that have been watched are unchanged, and unwatched videos have a "New" tick on them.

Can someone point me in the right direction in order to change the format of Qualar's MOD so that it displays the "New" tick on unwatched videos method?

Thanks in advance!
uhm,yeah,should be easy enough..just change the xml code in views.xml I think it is.
Basically you want to switch around the code for watched and unwatched..
the quickest way would be to just remap the field value of watched to unwatched etc..that way the menu options etc still respond to the old way but it will be opposite..
I'm on holidays atm and havent got access to the code, but im sure some reading into it and you should easily find the section.
if u take a look on page 12 in the qualar mod i posted the missing part to enable the watched overlay in tv shows list view 2,you could look for the similar code elsewhere and see if you can just switch it Big Grin
thanks for the info DJ. I believe I've found where I need to make the changes, the only problem is that it looks like when referencing a texture, the texture needs to be contained within the .xpr file.

Since Qualar's .xpr file obviously doesn't have the "new" texture overlay that i'm looking for, how would I tell XBMC to look for the texture file in a different location?
Zxurian Wrote:thanks for the info DJ. I believe I've found where I need to make the changes, the only problem is that it looks like when referencing a texture, the texture needs to be contained within the .xpr file.

Since Qualar's .xpr file obviously doesn't have the "new" texture overlay that i'm looking for, how would I tell XBMC to look for the texture file in a different location?

Just copy the image to the same folder that the texture.xpr file is located. Sorry that I have not included it in my mod but I don't like it. For me NEW means the film is new not unwatched. However, if enough people want it I could possibly make it a skin setting option.
Thanks for the tip!

And don't worry about including it in the core. I mean, of course it'd be nice, but you've already gone above and beyond and done a crazy amount of work with the Qualar mod itself, so i'm certainly not going to go cry in the internet corner about my one personal request not being there :p. It's just one small difference of opinion, that's all.

Plus it gives me a chance to dig around in skin coding as well, learn the inner works and what not Smile

I've been comparing the two XML files, and I think I know where to make the changes, I just wasn't sure about how to include textures outside the textures.xpr file.

As far as the overlay texture itself, does it need to be a specific format or color depth?
Zxurian Wrote:Thanks for the tip!

And don't worry about including it in the core. I mean, of course it'd be nice, but you've already gone above and beyond and done a crazy amount of work with the Qualar mod itself, so i'm certainly not going to go cry in the internet corner about my one personal request not being there :p. It's just one small difference of opinion, that's all.

Plus it gives me a chance to dig around in skin coding as well, learn the inner works and what not Smile

I've been comparing the two XML files, and I think I know where to make the changes, I just wasn't sure about how to include textures outside the textures.xpr file.

As far as the overlay texture itself, does it need to be a specific format or color depth?

No just a standard png.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Looking for info on watched vs. unwatched0