TV Show and Episode Naming?
First of all before I launch into the explanations/suggestions, big thanks to you for a wonderful tool.

Now that the fuzzy heart warming stuff is out of the way... Smile

I recently (re)discovered XBMC and had loads of problems with getting the library to recognize my anime. So I read forums. I used google. I generally did research to resolve the issues and they are 99% resolved now mostly through 2 renaming tools, "Rename Master" and "Filebot".

One thing I have noticed is that if a series has more than 100 episodes (Naruto/Bleach) then when the scraper is set to absolute order XBMC will only add the 1st 99 episodes to the library. I guess this is because either the scraper or XBMC itself only has 2 digits available for episode number. I looked for ways to edit this but couldnt figure it out.

To the point: One thing which would be extremely useful would be the ability to rename a series based on absolute order.

For example:
Rename From : Bleach 126 Uryuu vs. Ryuuken! Clash of the Parent-Child Quin
To: Bleach 6x17 Uryuu vs. Ryuuken! Clash of the Parent-Child Quin

Anyways, thanks for Filebot. Big Grin
I haven't tried the FileBot software that is being talked about on this thread; but if you are looking for an easy, quick way to rename lots of TV shows I've always used TVRename. Here is a link to the website: http://www.tvrename.com/
Playing around with that, but its giving problems with:

!!! EPISODE TITLE MISSING !!!

Trying to figure out that at the moment. Of the two I think I prefer filebot though neither is doing exactly what I want them to do. Tongue
Star 
Ralthor Wrote:For example:
Rename From : Bleach 126 Uryuu vs. Ryuuken! Clash of the Parent-Child Quin
To: Bleach 6x17 Uryuu vs. Ryuuken! Clash of the Parent-Child Quin

That's supported. Numbering depends on where you get the epsiode information from. You'll get absolute numbers if you use AniDB, but if you use TheTVdb or TVRage you should get Season/Episode info.

But be aware, if the SxE information doesn't match the (absolute) episode numbers in the file name, fuzzy name maching will kick in. But since you got the same title in both episode info and file name, it should work pretty well.

On another note, if you just wanna split a 3-digit number into SxE (e.g. Bleach 126 => Bleach 1x26). You can do that easily by adjusting the naming scheme like so:

{n} - {e.split(/(?=..$)/).join('x')} - {t}

--rednoah
Lightbulb 
Just tested matching some anime with absolute numbers against the TheTVdb. Works mostly, but the fuzzy matching might fail because of different translations (e.g. "Thing to be Inherited" vs "The Next Generation"). If FileBot can't match by absolute number nor title. It's simply not gonna work.

However the order of episodes should be the same. What you can do is to fetch the episode list via "Episodes" panel, and then drag the whole list into the "New Names" list in "Rename" panel.
Well I have renamed them already using a bulk renamer and going season by season so this remains a purely academic exercise for me, however I copied a sample bleach episode back out to its original format and obtained the following results:

Original name: Bleach 241 For the Sake of Pride! Byakuya vs. Renji.avi
Thetvdb Suggested rename: Bleach - S02E17 - Rason of the Fist.avi
Anidb suggested rename: Bleach - E241 - For the Sake of Pride! Byakuya vs. Renji.avi

As you can see, the absolute number is correct, but is not being matched against the correct episide on Thetvdb. I checked manually and their data does list the same absolute number for this episide.

Nothing I did made it retrieve the correct ep info even though the correct number was available in the filename. It would be such an elegant solution to have a tick box to force it to use absolute number for lookup purposes.

Im done with this for now ( Until I grab another large anime series Tongue ) but dont take this as criticism, because its not, I still think your program is brilliant. Smile
Lightbulb 
Ralthor Wrote:Original name: Bleach 241 For the Sake of Pride! Byakuya vs. Renji.avi
Thetvdb Suggested rename: Bleach - S02E17 - Rason of the Fist.avi
Anidb suggested rename: Bleach - E241 - For the Sake of Pride! Byakuya vs. Renji.avi

Thanks for testing. Now I get it. When fb can't match by absolute number, it will interpret 241 as 2x41. Since there is no 2x41, fuzzy name matching will come into play but only within 2x?? episodes.

In this particular case that logic is a bug, but it's a feature in other cases...

Anyway, thanks for the extra test-data!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Show and Episode Naming?0