Can't get my Harmony remote to work
I have a HTPC with Ubuntu 9.10 and i'm really having a hard time getting my Logitech harmony 525 (520) remote to work.

I have a cheap Asus MCE remote which works perfectly. I am using this receiver for the harmony.

I select the remote as a Computer - Media Centre - Microsoft - Extender

None of my inputs work though. I checked within the Harmony software and the buttons are mapped in a way that seems correct.

Also how do i get the remote to turn on the pc?

Thanks, any help is appreciated.
any responses on this?
I don't know if it's a problem with what i'm setting the device as within the Logitech software or if it's a problem with lirc.

Any help would be great
Try this, it worked for me and others.

Select:

Device --> Media Center PC
Manufacturer --> Microsoft
Model (Type) --> MCE Remote

Add Device

Worked like a charm and even had the button layout properly mapped! Wink
Ok, i used those settings but it asked me to go through the learning procees so i did.

Buttons are mapped now, no problems.

Only thing i wanted to know, can a remote turn the pc on? I don't mean wake from suspend, i mean turn it on entirely?
thedon_1 Wrote:Only thing i wanted to know, can a remote turn the pc on? I don't mean wake from suspend, i mean turn it on entirely?

As far as I know, the answer is a simple "No".
OK cool, one other question.

A lot of skins have the feayure of pressing right clicking and then going to movie info.

My remote does not have a right click alternative. Is there anyway i can assign what would be right click to my Harmony?
thedon_1 Wrote:OK cool, one other question.

A lot of skins have the feayure of pressing right clicking and then going to movie info.

My remote does not have a right click alternative. Is there anyway i can assign what would be right click to my Harmony?

You're Harmony 525 has arrow keys, why can't you use those?

My arrow keys work fine on my 880, and I didn't need to re-configure any buttons?
The arrow keys are used for navigation, currently left, right, up and down are used for the menus.

I had to teach the harmony because no matter what i selected as my device in the Logitech db, it never worked with the receiver (even thought it's supposed to be MCE).

Is it possible to learn a button from my original remote (any unused button) and then in ubuntu set that as right click or info?
Hmmm.....Im not sure then. :confused2:

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't get my Harmony remote to work0