[PATCH] New passthrough implementation for AAC/MP1/MP2/MP3 support - Testers needed!
Thumbs Up 
Hi all.

I am posting this in the hopes of getting some of you who have receivers that support AAC, MP1, MP2 or MP3 to test this patch set.

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/8575

* Adds spdif muxer to ffmpeg
* Modifies CDVDAudioCodecPassthrough to use ffmpeg spdif muxer
* Adds configure switches --enable-lib(dts|a52) to switch back to the old implementation
* Adds downmixing via ffmpeg to CDVDAudioCodecFFmpeg
* Adds AAC passthrough
* Adds MP1 passthrough
* Adds MP2 passthrough
* Adds MP3 passthrough
I am not scared of SVN - Cutting my hands open on the bleeding edge.
I recently posted a question about xbmc capability for xbmc to passtrough mp3 audio streams over hdmi without conversion in lpcm

my Denon 4308 receiver handles mp3 conversion and has a "restorer" function that improves mp3 audio. I noticed a huge difference in music quality when accessing my music library via dlna against directly from xbmc

so i'available for testing, but i'm a complete linux newby i don't know what i have to do. Have I to download a specific SVN ?

my setup is camelot on ubuntu karmic on a acer revo 3600 connected via hdmi only.
thetalm Wrote:i noticed a huge difference in music quality when accessing my music library via dlna against directly from xbmc

lol!
The changes are now in svn, just grab the latest revision if you want to test. It would be great if those with MP* and AAC support could provide me feedback on how well it does/doesn't work.
By the way does this mean that realtime AC3 encoding of AAC files is in the works?

thanks
Yes, its on its way Big Grin
What about the low volume for down mixing is there also something "in the works"? Wink
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
gnif Wrote:Yes, its on its way Big Grin

Great to hear.......thanks
Reading http://www.xbmc.org/trac/attachment/tick...6/ac3.diff I think I found a small bug, at file xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDCodecs/Audio/DVDAudioCodecPassthroughFFmpeg.cpp, line #56, it should be "memset(m_OutputBuffer, 0, ..." instead of "memset(m_DecodeBuffer, 0, ...".

Is this the proper place to report things like this one? Please excuse me if not (I'm a newbie...) Regards.
I use the Denon AVR-1909 with MP3/WMA/AAC restorer. XBMC running via Apple TV and HDMI.

Will add to feedback.

Regards
BTW Gnif I'm following Ticket #8726 and looks awesome. Can't wait to try it out soon.....

Good work..
I have tested video files with mp2 aac ac3 tracks on Dharma Rc1 and passthrough - work fine. But passthrough doesn't work with mp3 shoutcast streams. Does it feature of paplayer ?
Nvidia Shield
kodi 18.1 RC1
Goga777 Wrote:I have tested video files with mp2 aac ac3 tracks on Dharma Rc1 and passthrough - work fine. But passthrough doesn't work with mp3 shoutcast streams. Does it feature of paplayer ?

u can decode aac with ur amplifier without converting to ac3? i mean ur decoder says it's aac?
I didn't find in specification for my Digital Home Cinema System Samsung HT-TKX500 aac decoding capability , that's why for me it's surprising - how it was possible. My Samsung doesn't have indicator for stream name.
Nvidia Shield
kodi 18.1 RC1
Heh, I wondered where this feature actually went as I was using AAC passthrough in the Dharma Beta 1, and then the option for MP1/2/3/AAC passthrough dissapeared from the options in B2 and onwards.
Just noticed the ticket states the feature is due in 10.5, so I'm guessing they're saving it for the SVN/releases after Dharma official, perhaps along with Gnif's new audio engine Smile
i3-2100 /w Scythe Big Shuriken Cooler, 4GB RAM, GT430 Passive, 40GB SSD boot drive, 2TB 5400RPM internal media drive, 2TB external drive, Nexus 430W PSU, Nexus case fans

Feeding Yamaha RX-V1800, Panasonic 42PZ80 Plasma, Mission 753/Quad speaker surround kit

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[PATCH] New passthrough implementation for AAC/MP1/MP2/MP3 support - Testers needed!0