REQ: BestofGoogleVideo.com browser
i will put some links that might be useful:

an open source flv to mpg transcoder: http://ffmpeg.sourceforge.net/index.php

a site dedicated in open source flash tools: http://osflash.org/

i would love being able to play flash animations and video files in my xbox... *dreams for the impossible*
hi guys, i think its very possible to play google videos from within the xbox. i completely understand how it works now. the only problem i was having is that some videos are flv and some mpeg2 and mpeg4 and so on and so forth... the video formats are not always consistent. but i guess we can ignore non-standard videos.

eddie: i also really want to get flash working on xbmc. i will take a look at those open source swf libraries and who knows, i might be able to get something to work :nuts:
alot of the video formats are predefined already... its just a matter of getting them down and telling the dash to play them, the predefined codecs should take care of how its handled and what its played with.

your dreams may come true... dvdplayer actually now plays flv files Smile. with some minor glitches.. sad part being that you can't force dvdplayer form python currently. mplayer should actually be able to play them too as it uses same codecs/demuxers, but for some reason it refuses.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

seems like google videos also carries tivo files.
apparantly there's no set standard for video uploads

what puzzles me is how their own player handles all these formats :pirate:
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

i don't know about the flash or .mp4 stuff, but here's my experience with .flv and .gvp... i downloaded some google video's last year using a website (can't remember which one) that converted the google link to a file link. when downloaded and renamed to .flv i was able to play the video fine on my pc with vlc media player (which is kinda like xbmc in that it has all it's own codec's plays almost anything.) xbmc also played the .flv fine.

now, the google video page has a download button that gives you a .gvp file, which is essentially a playlist. i opened that in a text viewer, copied the (very long) http link out of there and pasted it into a blank text file on it's own line, renamed it to .strm and xbmc streamed it fine, but i couldn't skip forward or back.

i installed google video player on my pc and opened the .gvp file in there. it downloads it just like on the website, but also creates an actual video file .gvi (preferences will tell you where it's saving it to.)

then i opened my root copy of xboxmediacenter.xml and added |gvi. to the <videoextensions> section, and xbmc played the .gvi file with no hassles or worrying about codecs, and was able to skip forward and back no problems.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
REQ: BestofGoogleVideo.com browser0