[WINDOWS] VDPAU GPU video acceleration on Nvidia Ion in XBMC for Windows?
Hi everybody,

I just got my brand new my zotac ion 330 and installed Windows 7 and xbmc on it (maybe I will switch to a xbmc live later) but I'm facing an annoying issue. I can't get the VDAPU acceleration to work. A h264 720p video is lagging whereas it should not. I've read somewhere that setting the vram to 512 MB should be helpfull, but that seems strange to me. Is that true ? Because I don't see any change between 256 and 512MB, still laggy...

Is there any other solution that could help me getting the VDAPU acceleration to work ?

LTourist
VDPAU is linux only - you need to use linux to use it.

There is currently no inbuilt support for gpu acceleration in xbmc. There are a number of ways to achieve this, either using an external player or there is the dsplayer which is under development.

If this is an htpc only machine, your quickest and easiest way is to use xbmc-live or linux.
Thanks for that quick answer. I misunderstood what I've read, I thoought the dsplayer was now integrated into xbmc by default. This is a htpc only machine for now, so I'm thinking on installing xbmc on a sdcard from xbmc-live, but I'm quite afraid of the responsitivity of the system on such a card...

Well, thanks again for that quick answer !

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] VDPAU GPU video acceleration on Nvidia Ion in XBMC for Windows?0