[WINDOWS] Two startup issues with XBMC...
hi

two quick questions

1. i have xbmc added to the startup in windows. windows boots up, xbmc opens as maximised, then minmises itself straight away as soon as an alert etc pops up in the taskbar eg update alert. How can i set it to not mnimise itself?

2. I have an antec fusion case and remote. when xbmc starts, the remote is always set to mouse option. how can i have it set to keyboard option on the menu?

thanks
kb0501 Wrote:1. i have xbmc added to the startup in windows. windows boots up, xbmc opens as maximised, then minmises itself straight away as soon as an alert etc pops up in the taskbar eg update alert. How can i set it to not mnimise itself?

2. I have an antec fusion case and remote. when xbmc starts, the remote is always set to mouse option. how can i have it set to keyboard option on the menu?

1. In full screen mode XBMC will not share the screen with any other app and will minimise if another app grabs the focus. This is a limitation of DirectX not XBMC. This is usually only a problem on startup and you can configure XBMC to wait a few seconds before starting to make sure nothing else grabs the focus after XBMC has started. Modify the shortcut that is running XBMC and add -d 10 to the Target to make it wait 10 seconds before starting. Replace 10 by however many seconds you want to wait.

2. See http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Usi..._with_XBMC for some background info on remote controls. I don't know how the Antec control works so I can't comment. What do you mean by "when xbmc starts, the remote is always set to mouse option"? If you mean the "Remote control sends keyboard presses" setting in System/Input devices then this almost certainly doesn't do what you think and should usually be left disabled.

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:1. In full screen mode XBMC will not share the screen with any other app and will minimise if another app grabs the focus. This is a limitation of DirectX not XBMC. This is usually only a problem on startup and you can configure XBMC to wait a few seconds before starting to make sure nothing else grabs the focus after XBMC has started. Modify the shortcut that is running XBMC and add -d 10 to the Target to make it wait 10 seconds before starting. Replace 10 by however many seconds you want to wait.

2. See http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Usi..._with_XBMC for some background info on remote controls. I don't know how the Antec control works so I can't comment. What do you mean by "when xbmc starts, the remote is always set to mouse option"? If you mean the "Remote control sends keyboard presses" setting in System/Input devices then this almost certainly doesn't do what you think and should usually be left disabled.

JR

awesome, thanks for the help 1 worked brilliantly, figured 2 out, thanks for the help

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] Two startup issues with XBMC...0