• 3(current)
Donations for DVD-menu in XBMC campaign
out of curiousity, will this include hard drive playback with menu support?

keep up the fantastic work. this is the best thing that has ever come to consoles, beating any game.
@gamester

yes it is
using your link, you need to re-read different link

i will not reply to anymore messages directed towards my conversation in this thread, if someone wishes to discuss this with me further open a new thread and we will continue there.

listen, i dont want a flame war. pay these guys because they work hard and deserve it. [period]
excellent product!!!
donations serve as a good motivational factor with open source software. i put my money where my mouth was prior (itunes sharing support) and plan on doing so again when i can afford to.
hi
i don't have paypal, a credit card(that isn't maxed), nor for that matter very much money anyway to donate. furthermore for that matter i don't have an xdk, visual studio, nor for that matter a decent working version of windows.

what i do have is:
- 3-4 years experience in programming(hobby from college), in various languages.
- 3-4 years experience in sorting out software linking, and porting issues.
- gnu/linux development tools(this can be expanded to include mingw/openxdk if necessary - however this will limit me to compiling mplayer.dll, since the rest of the is ms xdk linked).

are there any docs on what vars/functions, etc on what mplayer.dll exports(and which of these are required by xbmc). also information on how tied to mplayer.dll xbmc is would be useful.

besides that is there any page detailing progress that has already been made, and suggestions on how to build on that progress.
hi arion, welcome!

the best (and only) real documentation is in the source. (ie there's not huge amounts, though the source for the link up between xbmc and mplayer is fairly obvious in most cases).

i suggest you download the mplayer module from cvs, as well as grab the xbmc/cores/ subdir from the xbmc module. this should give you all the info you need to know.

the mplayer module is setup to compile under a mingw/msys environment, so you can probably get that sorted under linux.

xbmc relies heavily on directx, so openxdk is not going to be much help with respect to that.

as i understand it (and i'm not the authority on the matter) we wrap mplayer.exe into a dll with the needed functions exported. they're detailed in the mammoth file that is mplayer.c in the mplayer module. we then call these from xbmc as needed.

we're basically loading the dll, and running it with command-line parameters, just like you would with the .exe from a shell.

if you need anymore info, pm me and i'll get you in touch with others that know more about the process.

cheers,
jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

n00b xbox mod'er, n00b to xbmc ... just thought i'd register and announce my meager contribution. $25 this time, maybe $25 when i get it up and functioning! thanks for all the hard work folks!

xy :thumbsup:
have anyone started coding yet? is there a link to such a projects homepage? i don't really feel comfortable donating before i know where my money might go...
yes, coding has started.

no project page for you to see.

ts
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
just gonna ask for the same thing as nicroma.
is there gonna be hd playback for dvd with menues? (image files)
yes, otherwise you could pretty much use standard ms player.

i was just wondering if this new dvd player feature will support playing .img files or .iso files from the hard drive or network. i know xbmc will sorta play .iso dvd files, but it seems to have problems with the menus. this would be an awesome feature to include because i'm probably not the only one who stores dvd's on the hard drive of my pc.
i do installs here in calgary, canada.

what i've decided is that every time i'm asked to install xbmc on a machine i'll give my client the option to donate... dunno how many takers we'll get but i'll try... since i dont have much expendable income of my own.

otherwise... great product, cant wait.

xbmp was the reason i first modded my box... xbmc is the reason i still mod other ppls boxes.
well done xbmc devs!

is it possible to get some feedback/status on hows it going with the pot and the coding?

i think we are a lot of users who would like to know Smile

cheers
to give you a small idea on how far we are currently.
we can already play video / music files perfectly.
the core is already integrated into xbmc itself so you can control the dvdplayer the same way as mplayer (switching audio channels / subtitles). note that the new dvdplayer is far from ready to be put into public cvs!

just a few things that are already working
- dvd with menu support is already working for most of the dvd's i have
- displaying subtitles and switching between them on the fly
- menu button overlay is working for some dvd's

but as i said, there is still a lot to be done.

woo! :kickass: :bowdown:
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Donations for DVD-menu in XBMC campaign0