• 4(current)
Donations for DVD-menu in XBMC campaign
(darkie @ dec. 06 2004,20:59 Wrote:to give you a small idea on how far we are currently.
we can already play video / music files perfectly.
the core is already integrated into xbmc itself so you can control the dvdplayer the same way as mplayer (switching audio channels / subtitles). note that the new dvdplayer is far from ready to be put into public cvs!

just a few things that are already working
- dvd with menu support is already working for most of the dvd's i have
- displaying subtitles and switching between them on the fly
- menu button overlay is working for some dvd's

but as i said, there is still a lot to be done.
great status update darkie :bowdown:

this is imho the last big thing left to implement in xbmc.

i hate to be forced to use ms dash to play my dvd's when i have the ultimate media center on another part of my hd Wink

keep it up!
  • ASRock ION 330 OpenELEC XBMC Frodo.
  • 47" LG HDTV1080p, AC3/DTS Receiver.
  • 96" Epson LCD 1080p projector
  • 2x Raspbery Pi with XBMC
(darkie @ dec. 06 2004,19:59 Wrote:to give you a small idea on how far we are currently.
we can already play video / music files perfectly.
the core is already integrated into xbmc itself so you can control the dvdplayer the same way as mplayer (switching audio channels / subtitles). note that the new dvdplayer is far from ready to be put into public cvs!
why don't you just create a new branch for the dvd-player in the cvs and let anyone try it. then when it is mature enough just merge it with the main cvs.
the new dvdplayer will be able to support iso's, right? :bowdown:

you guys rock! :kickass: i am happy that i donated to this worthwhile project! Cool
Quote:why don't you just create a new branch for the dvd-player in the cvs and let anyone try it. then when it is mature enough just merge it with the main cvs.
cause there will be new builds floating around then with this new dvd player. i can already see 100 forum thread's where people ask why things do not work. also there are still a few bugs in the player which make it rather useless for most people atm.

so before this is going to be put in public cvs we have to make sure that is has the same capebilities as mplayer and that it won't crash at all.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

why not include it anyway and make a config entry with "use_byggy_code=0/1"? and if someone enables it, a big notice will appear on osd with "do not report bugs! this is a test version!".. or something.. =)
(ube @ dec. 23 2004,22:50 Wrote:why not include it anyway and make a config entry with "use_byggy_code=0/1"? and if someone enables it, a big notice will appear on osd with "do not report bugs! this is a test version!".. or something.. =)
no means no. be patient padawans
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

i'll personally pledge one-thousand dollars to this cause if all of the following terms are met:

#1 - i'm allowed to beta-test different builds along the way (and no i won't distribute them...i've beta-tested for various programs in the past and know the protocol for addressing bugs and bringing problems to light).

#2 - i know that all the money is going into development and not being spent frivolously.

#3 - i'm allowed to view the silver monkey with my own eyes before the next full moon (bonus points to anyone who can tell me where that quote is from ^_^).

if any of the developers would like to discuss things further, please contact me via pm or email ([email protected]).

p.s. i'm being deadly serious about donating one-thousand u.s. dollars.

p.p.s. obviously, condition #3 is a joke. :p
(airedale @ dec. 16 2004,02:15 Wrote:the new dvdplayer will be able to support iso's, right? :bowdown:

you guys rock! :kickass: i am happy that i donated to this worthwhile project! Cool
yes, iso support requested. i would rather waste money on hard drive space and rip my collection to full iso's retaining menu finctionality , rather than lose quality in a divx rip.
so, i second that!
no presure just curious and will take no response as pi** off and be paitent :d

but do you have any idea what sort of time scale we can expect for the first release to appear? 6 months 12 months more.

i realise it is difficult to give an estimate when developing and pushing to a deadline and leave code unfinished and buggy (look at windows lol).

but there are so many of us eager to know how far away a release is. as i said at the beginig no response will be taken as "be paitent".

regards

ibru

p.s. xbmc is the sole reason i use my xbox! it is wicked you guys rock
(ibru @ dec. 31 2004,23:15 Wrote:p.s. xbmc is the sole reason i use my xbox! it is wicked you guys rock
yeah dude i hear ya :agree:

xbmc+xlinkkai = instant orgasm :kickass:

what more could anyone ask for. xbmc is the greatest thing since sliced bread :bowdown:
just wondering. i want to donate, but would like to know how far along things are. can we expect to see it in public cvs in the next month or two? you guys have been hard a work for awhile on this and keeping things under lock and key and the suspense is killing me. haha, anyways, like i said, i want to donate, just looking for a new update before i do.
id like to donate as well but i dont have paypal  :verysad:

please tell me how i can do this dev i have credit cards.
good news!
<los93sol> @pike, how is the development of dvd menus going?
<|pike|> los93sol: it's going. nothing major lately
<|pike|> thus the silence from the dev also + it's been holidays
<los93sol> thanks, i am going to go ahead and donate, just wanted to see if it was still being worked on
<|pike|> i can say this much, it's looking very promising, but it' not usable yet
<|pike|> menu'es work sometimes, but playback works not so often
<|pike|> so it's still some time away before being public

not really that much news, but it is an update and we know they have got it going far enough that they can see it working sometimes. hopefully things continue, i encourage everybody who wants this feature to donate and contribute to the project in any ways they can.
good news if you ask me. i've been hesitating to donate because i did not know how far development has gone.
some questions:
how much money has the campaign generated?
are there competing developers working on this?
no disrespect but why is this taking so long?
guess it's not top pri?

anyway keep up the good work!
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Donations for DVD-menu in XBMC campaign0