• 5(current)
Donations for DVD-menu in XBMC campaign
(ksn @ jan. 23 2005,21:16 Wrote:no disrespect but why is this taking so long?
guess it's not top pri?

anyway keep up the good work!
you ever tried to code a dvd player with menu support?
no? so why do you know how long it should take (and you have to know that to ask why it takes so long)?

oh and how many other opensource dvd players do you kow with menu support? and how long did they take to get it to work?

think about it and answer the question yourself. Smile

read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
(ksn @ jan. 23 2005,20:16 Wrote:no disrespect but why is this taking so long?
guess it's not top pri?

anyway keep up the good work!
lol

no disrespect to you, but please!

at least know something of what your asking before you post. coding something like this is incredibly time consuming and complex. hence why it's taken so long just for a dev to attempt it. look at mplayer. that's a huge project with many many devs and testers, far more than xbmc has itself. yet mplayer doesn't even support dvd playback with menus, the very reason why someone is having to code support specifically for xbmc.
just asking questions,
not meaning to step on any toes here.
i know coding takes a lot of time patiense, and respect all developers for the great work already done!

another question i have
is there anyway to prevent the existing dvd playback from image files, not to display all menue items on playback start (jump directly to first movie vob.)
sometimes mplayer exit when the movie is about to start??
please read known_issues.txt
look for dvd
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

i am using a friendtech dx-1480 box with the upgraded processor. i am using it only for xbmc as a media center and would like to find out if the whole dvd thing is going to be compatible with my upgrade. currently, i cannot play dvd's on this xbox because m$ cheated on their code for their dvd player with the dongle and well...my upgraded processor makes the xbox do some really strange things when you put a dvd in. the audio will play through at double speed while the video jumps around and is very "iffy". anyways, just a request here more than anything. most people with these boxes use them for either mce or xbmc so it would be awesome to have it work so i can finally play dvd's on my uber-fast xbox! thanks in advance.
dvdx2 doesnt work ok either?
(los93sol @ jan. 24 2005,19:31 Wrote:i am using a friendtech dx-1480 box with the upgraded processor.  i am using it only for xbmc as a media center and would like to find out if the whole dvd thing is going to be compatible with my upgrade.  currently, i cannot play dvd's on this xbox because m$ cheated on their code for their dvd player with the dongle and well...my upgraded processor makes the xbox do some really strange things when you put a dvd in.  the audio will play through at double speed while the video jumps around and is very "iffy".  anyways, just a request here more than anything.  most people with these boxes use them for either mce or xbmc so it would be awesome to have it work so i can finally play dvd's on my uber-fast xbox!  thanks in advance.
isn't there a switch to set teh box to 733mhz on friendtechs mods anymore?
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
this seems great and all... i would donate if i could... i wish i could... but i honestly can't... i reached my paypal limit this month.
(hullebulle @ jan. 24 2005,19:52 Wrote:
(los93sol @ jan. 24 2005,19:31 Wrote:i am using a friendtech dx-1480 box with the upgraded processor.  i am using it only for xbmc as a media center and would like to find out if the whole dvd thing is going to be compatible with my upgrade.  currently, i cannot play dvd's on this xbox because m$ cheated on their code for their dvd player with the dongle and well...my upgraded processor makes the xbox do some really strange things when you put a dvd in.  the audio will play through at double speed while the video jumps around and is very "iffy".  anyways, just a request here more than anything.  most people with these boxes use them for either mce or xbmc so it would be awesome to have it work so i can finally play dvd's on my uber-fast xbox!  thanks in advance.
isn't there a switch to set teh box to 733mhz on friendtechs mods anymore?
no, he is right, (and setting it to 733mhz doesn't help), it's in friendtech's faq. already requested before, we will of course aim to have ours working with it.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
they do still have the switch but like gamester17 said, it doesn't help, i have only found 1 out of about 50 games it is sloppy with that it helps with. i don't really know why it doesn't work except that it doesn't really slow down the processor, i think it just routes through a slower bus to slow down the data transfer or something i dont know this is unrelated so i'm not going to go on about it. anyways, good to hear you are aiming for it to work, i would assume it will since xbmc is based on mplayer and everything else works fine in xbmc with the upgraded processor. keep up the outstanding work, you guys are amazing. i plan on donating every friday what i can afford to from my checks to show my appreciation.
is it possible for you and avalaunch team do somthing together?
their dvd-player support menus...
(ktd @ feb. 04 2005,22:54 Wrote:is it possible for you and avalaunch team do somthing together?
their dvd-player support menus...
but their dvd player isn't based on an open source project...

hey guys, any updates on this project? is it still active? i would like to donate, if it is.

cheers,
patrick
Question 
(fatpat @ feb. 23 2005,15:17 Wrote:hey guys,  any updates on this project?   is it still active?  i would like to donate, if it is.
i have not yet calculated the current total for the dvd-player donation fund but i think it's more than enough to keep the developers interested,
...though donations of legal dvd-backups and original/retail dvd's are more than welcomed, (and so are all general donations to the xbmc project)
i thought they already had it in cvs as an initial release and not to try to use it because it was still very alpha? am i misunderstanding this and mixing two different things up?
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Donations for DVD-menu in XBMC campaign0