Do I need to install Nvidia Libvdpau?
Forgive me but I am very new to the linux world. I have installed XBMC Live CD Stable release on the an Acer Revo HDD....I have been reading and if I understand correctly, I might have to install Libvdpau? I have watched a couple of 720p movies that I downloaded and see that the CPU is running at 17%. Not sure if that is correct of not.

I have tried installing Libvdpau but keep getting a reply of package not found.

What am I doing wrong?

Can You guys give me a step by step on how to install?

I tried sudo apt-get install nvidia-195-libvdpau, but got package not found.

Please Help

Thanks,
HI
Xbmc-live should use vdpau perfectly. 720p @ 17% sounds about right on a revo. If they played without fault then vdpau is working. To test, push "o" during playback to bring up codec info etc. If you see vdpau then u are set. What videos are u having problems with?

cheers
harryzimm Wrote:HI
Xbmc-live should use vdpau perfectly. 720p @ 17% sounds about right on a revo. If they played without fault then vdpau is working. To test, push "o" during playback to bring up codec info etc. If you see vdpau then u are set. What videos are u having problems with?

cheers

I had some lagging issues with mpeg4 videos that I recorded from TV...I was just wondering because I thought that the cpu should be running at less than 10%
Your CPU levels sound normal. If VDPAU were not working, you'd be much higher on 720p content. I have a Revo 1600 myself and while I don't have a lot of 720p content, most of my 1080p videos run between 15-20%. Without VPDAU, it maxes out and completely falls apart, so I think you'd know if it wasn't working. Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Do I need to install Nvidia Libvdpau?0