Broadcom Crystal HD skiploopfilter and video settings?
Question 
I am wondering what are the best settings for the CrystalHD
Default for ATV is 8. Can this be reduced to 0 with CrystalHD installed?
Also what are the best settings for video/audio sync? I use audio clock but I still get some jitter (though this seems to have got worse with the new SVN releases)
interceptor121 Wrote:I am wondering what are the best settings for the CrystalHD
Default for ATV is 8. Can this be reduced to 0 with CrystalHD installed?
Also what are the best settings for video/audio sync? I use audio clock but I still get some jitter (though this seems to have got worse with the new SVN releases)

skiploopfilter is a ffmpeg software codec option, does nothing under crystalhd.
Thanks for that.
How about the sync audio/video and the 3 options?
Are those also ffmpeg settings?
interceptor121 Wrote:Thanks for that.
How about the sync audio/video and the 3 options?
Are those also ffmpeg settings?

no, they are internal player behavior options that control how audio and video are sync'ed.
So what's the ideal A/V sync method when using the CrystalHD as the renderer?
If there was an ideal one, there wouldn't be a settings. It's completely subjective. Just play with them and see what you like best. Personally, I leave it all off and everything works fine.
I tried them all the best is video clock skip/dupe audio it does not introduce any issues and seems to be more effective for the CPU
I think some of the playback issue are the result of some issues in the recent SVN in earlier versions I had nearly no problem now it seems that an ATV reboot is needed to put performance back on track

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Broadcom Crystal HD skiploopfilter and video settings?0