[AppleTV] HOW-TO restore atvusb-creator USB disk
Thumbs Up 
all - just a quick tip re atvusb-creator and getting your usb stick back

if you suffered the same fate as me, following the troubleshooting directions (pasted below; found on google code atvusb-creator site) still generated vista errors in disk management. disk management says its unable to manage removable partitions even when you try to remove that 25 mb partition. so if you cant remove that partition, the usb image tool wont allow you to load up the 512byte sector you need to get the drive back.

goto this link and get this handy hp usb formatting utility to clean the whole thing up

link: http://files.extremeoverclocking.com/file.php?f=197

pasted troubleshooting:

Q: I did not make a backup of my USB Drive with USB Image Tool. Now it's not showing full-size in explorer.

A: Fortunately, restoring an empty 512-byte boot sector will fix this problem. Download this file from the developer's website.

Q: I get error code 3 when trying to restore my to my USB.

A: This is because our patchstick wraps the bootloader as a GPT partition which is unrecognisable by Windows. As it is the active partition the payloads partition which is FAT32 is not visible. Go to Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Disk Management. Right click and delete the 25MB partition on the drive. Make sure it is the right drive selected. Windows will now recognise the USB again, and thus will USB Image Tool.
Should be fixed with USB Image Tool 1.55 as well. Just found out about this issue and was able to recreate-debug-fix it. You can find the new version here.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV] HOW-TO restore atvusb-creator USB disk0