Music Videos - question
Hi!

I have in my library some shows to DVD Rip. So I created a source with the content of Music Videos. I created a. Nfo with some data from the DVD, but would be like viewing the films (for example, the songs on the show, the cover of the dvd, fanart artist etc). Is there any way to display ideal for this type of media or have to edit a file. Xml to put what I want?

Thanks!
Your english is very broken!

I thin it is possible what you are after! But im not sure what that is! Can you try and explain more?
Sorry Danny ....

Let me explain.

I have some music videos in my library with a .nfo file in each video directory. I like to show in Confluence the content of each video (for example: for a show, the name of the musics).

The propose of thread is to get tips or best ways to show the Music Video´s info more impressive on Confluence .....

Sorry about my english ... i´ve tried to type for myself at this moment (in the first post I used the google translator ... I hope this not so broken like the first Big Grin)

Thanks
Start here please, then ask us specific questions about the content:
http://www.xbmc.org/wiki/?title=Import_-_Export_Library
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I believe he's asking if there is a library view (or playback mode) specifically suited to music videos. Of course, that answer will depend on specifically what you're looking for.

This is something I've actually thought a lot about my self. Sadly I'm supporting 4 firefox addons at the moment and with the 1.6 release today, I'm too backed up to dive into it. But let me float a few ideas here.

The Library view:
I would adapt the "Media Info 2" view from the video library to show coverart for the Music DVD, but rather than listing different movies, it would list tracks. Tracks would be sorted by artist and listed as such:
Artist 1 Album 1 Track 1
Artist 1 Album 1 Track 2...
Artist 1 Album 2 Track 1
Artist 1 Album 2 Track 2...
Artist 2 Album 1 Track 1...

The text info would then be the artist bio like is used in the media library, with fanart of course.

The playback mode:
Essentially the same as the standard video playback, but with a 10 second display of the cover, artist, album, title etc. After 10 seconds this overlay would fade out, and then fade back in for the last 10 seconds of the track.

Potential issues:
There's no real standard way music videos are ripped. Live concerts may include 10 songs in the video, where as downloads may be individual songs. There's also a lack of coverart for many music videos as they were never released on DVD, VHS, or as part of any compilation. Many were only broadcast and captured from a live source.

I assume this is the primary reason no one has really pursued this (I know it's been talked about and even attempted with other skins). But unless you have very specific content uniformly ripped, it's damn near impossible to make it look good, the metadata and supplemental media simply don't exist for a lot of it. The music video scrapers are a shot in the dark at best (at least for me as my tastes usually deviate from the mainstream pop culture).

If anyone can offer possible solutions to this, I'd be happy to take a stab at it when I get the free time.

Question: Do music videos have a unique place in the database, or better their own database? I've not imported any music videos simply because I could never get them to display correctly. Edit: strike that question, Sho's post already answered it sufficiently.
Yes. I like to view my music videos with fanart, info, cover etc ....

I don't have any skills of skin ... but I made some changes and looks like this.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Videos - question0