ASRock Setup script for XBMC-Live
hi all,

first let me say this script has only been tested on a FRESH INSTALL of XBMC-Live 9.11. nothing else, i don't take any responsibility if anything goes wrong.

ok, what it will do.

1) setup you asrock for xbmc-live 9.11, this update to the latest ubuntu and XBMC and setup your asrock for it
2) setup you remote for 330HT
3) setup Auto mount for USB drives. (dont for get to SAFELY REMOVE them, with the contextual menu)
4) allows you to update your complete system (XBMC, Nidiva, and Karmic)
5) allows you to update the SVN & other karmic updates (NOT KERNELS etc)

anyway hope this helps some of you. the only this that is NOT working 100% is the suspend. it will suspend and resume on the first go, but the 2nd attempt and so on, it will not stay in suspend. if you know how to fix this PLEASE TELL ME Smile

how to use:

unzip the file and transfer the folder "ASRock_XBMC-Live_Setup" to your home folder on your XBMC-Live box.

type:

sudo ./xbmc-live-configure.sh
enter you xbmc user password and then chose your options

update: fixed none showing options. when you install remote & hanging on configure system.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/mfymmzzmcy..._Setup.zip
andyblac Wrote:the only this that is NOT working 100% is the suspend. it will suspend and resume ion the first go, but the 2nd attempt and so on, it will not stay in suspend. if you know how it fixed this PLEASE TELL ME Smile
add usbcore.autosuspend=-1 to the end of kernel line in grub
or update the bios.
ezechiel1917 Wrote:add usbcore.autosuspend=-1 to the end of kernel line in grub

that does not work as the 330HT has a CIR IR port not USB, any other ideas.

spiff Wrote:or update the bios.

i am on the latest bios v1.10
What exactly does the Full system update & XBMC SVN update do?

I mean, is an XBMC SVN update still needed after full system update?
coendeurloo Wrote:What exactly does the Full system update & XBMC SVN update do?

I mean, is an XBMC SVN update still needed after full system update?

FULL SYSTEM (apt-get dist-update) does full update EVERTHING XBMC SVN, NVIDIA DRIVERS, LINUX KERNELS
SVN update only apt-get upgrade, only does safe updates.
UPDATE please redownload i found a few bugs
updating to 1.1 fixed it for me. weird. with the new CIR driver everything's perfect, wake with remote etc.
spiff Wrote:updating to 1.1 fixed it for me. weird. with the new CIR driver everything's perfect, wake with remote etc.

as i said, the first supend and resume work perfect via remote, but if i try to do more, it won't stay asleep, just wakes up by it self
i did suspend/wake my box 5 times in a row before i was certain it worked - it really works here. running camelot live installed to the hdd.
spiff Wrote:i did suspend/wake my box 5 times in a row before i was certain it worked - it really works here. running camelot live installed to the hdd.

could you give me your step by step of what you installed and scripts you have used ?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ASRock Setup script for XBMC-Live0