No network access at startup after moving to Camelot
Question 
Hi guys,

I was using my ION330 XBMC box for months without issue until I upgraded to the Camelot. At that time I also updated my ubuntu (via apt-get). As a side effect of the update I lost the XBMC option in the sessions menu. That was a quick enough fix and sure enough XBMC is back to running on startup.

Unfortunately, once XBMC loads there is no network/internet access available. If I exit XBMC via the menu, I land back on the login screen and 10 seconds later it loads XBMC again - this time with full network/internet access.

If I set Gnome/other to the default startup session they do have network access as soon as they come up.

I've tried everything I & Google can think of, but if anyone has any suggestions for what might cause this I'd greatly appreciate a point in the right direction.

Thanks in advance for any and all help!
bump
We never support doing ubuntu upgrades, its known to cause problems.

Please reinstall and if you still have problems come back.

Cheers,
Tobias.
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
Thanks topfs2 - I was following another post on the forum (which as a step updated ubuntu), so I was surprised when nobody else seemed to have the issue Smile
Also, it seems some libraries were left out of the live ISO. Search for a thread on updating the samba drivers. I did it and it fixed all my network problems.
I'll check that out. Thanks ZooMigo!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No network access at startup after moving to Camelot0