• 195(current)
JSON-RPC (JSON Remote Procedure Call) interface protocol in development for XBMC
HI !

Is it possible to retrieve by a json command a message send by the json command 'GUI.ShowNotification'.

Thanks

Steven
Just mentioning it here in case it goes unnoticed, but in Frodo (OpenELEC 3.1.5) calling VideoLibrary.GetEpisodes and requesting the runtime property always returns a value of zero, unless streamdetails is also specified.

I've opened a ticket, #14524.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Small question about Music Videos.

How to play musicvideo from JSONRPC ?

This code did not play the music video but the movie with the same id :

Code:
xbmc.executeJSONRPC('{ "jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Player.Open", "params": { "item": { "musicvideoid": %d } }, "id": 1 }' % int(params.get("musicvideoid")))

musicvideoid = 1

Sorry for my english, but, you know, I'm French so ...

Main HTPC : Odroid-C2 running CoreELEC with Titan Bingie
Secondary HTPC : Freebox Mini 4K running Android TV with Titan Bingie
Sounds like a bug, I'll look into it.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
(2013-08-06, 10:57)mikebzh44 Wrote: Small question about Music Videos.

How to play musicvideo from JSONRPC ?

This code did not play the music video but the movie with the same id :

Code:
xbmc.executeJSONRPC('{ "jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Player.Open", "params": { "item": { "musicvideoid": %d } }, "id": 1 }' % int(params.get("musicvideoid")))

musicvideoid = 1

I tried it myself and it works as expected. I used "musicvideoid": 10 and it played the musicvideo with the ID 10. There is also a movie with the ID 10 but that didn't change anything.
What version of JSON-RPC and/or XBMC are you using?
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
XBMC (12.2 Git:20130502-32b1a5e)

How to know JSON version ?

(2013-08-07, 09:38)mikebzh44 Wrote: XBMC (12.2 Git:20130502-32b1a5e)

How to know JSON version ?
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=JSO...PC.Version

but it's also clear from the XBMC version
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
OK I tried with the latest development version. Will try with Frodo 12.2 later on.
I will give a try with Gotham Alpha 6

It's OK with Gotham Alpha 7 but also with Frodo 12.2

It's a skin issue. I'm running Aeon Nox 4.1.9 and if I create a custom menu with custom command :

RunScript(script.randomandlastitems,musicvideoid=1)

Then the right music video file is played.

But the same command send by a widget play the movie with the same ID.

So everything is OK with JSON-RPC. Sorry Sad

Hi guy.
I would like to start the PartyMode(music) over json. But I dont' know why.
Can you help me?

Tanks.
(2013-08-11, 13:40)dsiggi Wrote: Hi guy.
I would like to start the PartyMode(music) over json. But I dont' know why.
Can you help me?

Tanks.

There are two ways to do this. Either if a player is already active you can use Player.SetPartyMode or you can use Player.Open and pass in the "partymode" property as part of the "item" parameter i.e.
Code:
{ "jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Player.Open", "params": { "item": { "partymode": "music" } }, "id": 1 }
or replace "music" with "video" for music videos.
Hello,

can't find it in the API reference. Is here a way to direct switch to a TV channel (PVR) using a json command?
(2013-08-26, 21:59)thica Wrote: Hello,

can't find it in the API reference. Is here a way to direct switch to a TV channel (PVR) using a json command?

Player.Open can take a "channelid" property in the "item" parameter.
Would it be possible to add support for the "file" param on SetFoo, so you could change the path for a file via JSON (you can change the paths of all other attributes, eg. artwork, but not the media file itself).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
  • 195(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
JSON-RPC (JSON Remote Procedure Call) interface protocol in development for XBMC8