• 214(current)
JSON-RPC (JSON Remote Procedure Call) interface protocol in development for XBMC
Does JSON-RPC API/v6 still support TCP? And if so does it support notification over TCP, or is that a websocket only feature?
(2014-06-19, 12:10)sWORDs Wrote: Does JSON-RPC API/v6 still support TCP? And if so does it support notification over TCP, or is that a websocket only feature?

Why shouldn't it? TCP and websocket offer the same functionality, they just use a different protocol.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Because it's no longer mentioned in the v6 docs, but thanks!
It doesn't depend on the JSON-RPC API version. That's why it's not mentioned on the API version specific page but on the general JSON-RPC page.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
I'm trying to get a list of all art for a xbmc source folder... info returns fine in a python IDE, but from within xbmc it doesn't work... any ideas?

python code:
Code:
json_query = uni('{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Files.GetDirectory", "params": {"directory": "%s", "media": "%s", "properties":["art"]}, "id": 1}' % ((path), media))
path = 'smb://192.168.0.0/TV/Orphan Black/Season 02'
media = 'video'

Output in xbmc:
Code:
19:49:03 T:22160   DEBUG: JSONRPC: Incoming request: {"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Files.GetDirectory","params":{"directory":"smb://192.168.0.0/TV/Orphan Black/Season 02","media":"video","properties":["art"]}, "id": 1}
19:49:03 T:22160   DEBUG: CUtil::GetMatchingSource: no matching source found for [smb://192.168.0.0/TV/Orphan Black/Season 02]

Source query to verify path is in white list:
Code:
"file": "smb://192.168.0.0/TV/",
            "label": "TV Shows"
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Is it possible that you require usernamed and password for that specific samba share? Because those tend to confuse the CUtil::GetMatchingSource() logic.
(2014-06-30, 07:46)Montellese Wrote: Is it possible that you require usernamed and password for that specific samba share? Because those tend to confuse the CUtil::GetMatchingSource() logic.
Thanks for the responce...

the shares are accessible with or without login creds (Full access to everyone). Not sure why a external json request works and from within xbmc it doesn't.
Could you clarify with what you mean by "in a python IDE" and "from within xbmc"? Do you run the same python code but once as an external JSON-RPC client and once as an XBMC python addon? (sorry I'm not familiar with python)
Well I hope you changed the IP for the sample or use a special network mask, but 192.168.0.0 is not a valid IP with standard mask /24 (255.255.255.0) so i suppose curl or other internals in XBMC does not really well handle that.

Anyway it's not recommended to use .0 as IP as it's usually the network/subnetwork ID Wink
(2014-06-30, 10:11)Tolriq Wrote: Well I hope you changed the IP for the sample or use a special network mask, but 192.168.0.0 is not a valid IP with standard mask /24 (255.255.255.0) so i suppose curl or other internals in XBMC does not really well handle that.

Anyway it's not recommended to use .0 as IP as it's usually the network/subnetwork ID Wink

Lol, give me some credit... I just removed my addy info. (force of habit)

(2014-06-30, 09:03)Montellese Wrote: Could you clarify with what you mean by "in a python IDE" and "from within xbmc"? Do you run the same python code but once as an external JSON-RPC client and once as an XBMC python addon? (sorry I'm not familiar with python)

IDE is using http, xbmc python is using http, and if it fails internal executeJSONRPC. I have to go back and add some log entries so I can see which is being used at the time it fails... either way the same package returns on one and doesn't in the other.
I'll get back to you.

::Update::

Okay so both http and executeJSONRPC fail to find a match from within xbmc, but http works in IDE. Code works because every other json request from (IDE and XBMC) goes through except for this one.... I tried with or without password to samba.

::Update::

It's the oddest thing, I must be overlooking something.. because as I said before a different query goes through... but art parameter doesn't detect source.
I tried xbmc.validatePath and uniencode in hope that the directory string was the problem... but nothing.
(2014-06-30, 02:00)Lunatixz Wrote: I'm trying to get a list of all art for a xbmc source folder... info returns fine in a python IDE, but from within xbmc it doesn't work... any ideas?

python code:
Code:
json_query = uni('{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Files.GetDirectory", "params": {"directory": "%s", "media": "%s", "properties":["art"]}, "id": 1}' % ((path), media))
media = 'video'

Output in xbmc:
Code:
19:49:03 T:22160   DEBUG: JSONRPC: Incoming request: {"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Files.GetDirectory","params":{"directory":"smb://192.168.0.0/TV/Orphan Black/Season 02","media":"video","properties":["art"]}, "id": 1}
19:49:03 T:22160   DEBUG: CUtil::GetMatchingSource: no matching source found for [smb://192.168.0.0/TV/Orphan Black/Season 02]

Code:

You might try URL encoding the directory since it contains spaces (or at lease replace the spaces with %20). Might be an interesting data point.
(2014-06-30, 22:52)ben- Wrote:
(2014-06-30, 02:00)Lunatixz Wrote: I'm trying to get a list of all art for a xbmc source folder... info returns fine in a python IDE, but from within xbmc it doesn't work... any ideas?

python code:
Code:
media = 'video'

Output in xbmc:
Code:

Code:

You might try URL encoding the directory since it contains spaces (or at lease replace the spaces with %20). Might be an interesting data point.

No luck Sad

url encode
Code:
15:28:59 T:8812   DEBUG: JSONRPC: Incoming request: {"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Files.GetDirectory","params":{"directory":"smb%3A//192.168.0.1/TV/Rectify/Season%2001","media":"video","properties":["art"]},"id":1}
15:28:59 T:8812   DEBUG: CUtil::GetMatchingSource: no matching source found for [smb%3A/192.168.0.1/TV/Rectify/Season%2001]

replace space only:
Code:
15:31:48 T:4852   DEBUG: CUtil::GetMatchingSource: no matching source found for [smb://192.168.0.51/TV/Eagleheart/Season%2001]
15:31:48 T:4852   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting smb://192.168.0.51/TV/Eagleheart/Season%2001
Still have not found a solution to my problem...

This results in a return from outside XBMC
Code:
http://localhost:8080/jsonrpc?request={"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Files.GetDirectory","params":{"directory":"smb://192.168.0.5/TV/Orphan Black/Season 02","media":"video","properties":["art"]},"id":10}

Same command in XBMC using both http or direct execjson doesn't work
Code:
22:27:09 T:3460   DEBUG: script.pseudotv.live-ChannelList: sendJSON command: {"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Files.GetDirectory","params":{"directory":"smb://192.168.0.5/TV/Once Upon a Time (2011)/Season 02","media":"video","properties":["art"]},"id":1}
22:27:09 T:3568   DEBUG: webserver: request received for /jsonrpc
22:27:09 T:3568   DEBUG: JSONRPC: Incoming request: {"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Files.GetDirectory","params":{"directory":"smb://192.168.0.5/TV/Once Upon a Time (2011)/Season 02","media":"video","properties":["art"]},"id":1}
22:27:09 T:3568   DEBUG: CUtil::GetMatchingSource: no matching source found for [smb://192.168.0.5/TV/Once Upon a Time (2011)/Season 02]

Any help would be appreciated... I've tried encoding the string, removing all samba authentication... is this a bug with MYSQL database?
Where can I find information on how XBMC blocks json requests? Are root directories covered? for example source smb://0.0.0.0/TV, does that give access to all sub folders?
XBMC gets the list of defined sources (based on sources.xml) and checks if one of them has a common base path with the path you passed in. But that shouldn't differ depending on where you sent it from.

Can you check your sources.xml?
(2014-07-04, 06:41)Montellese Wrote: XBMC gets the list of defined sources (based on sources.xml) and checks if one of them has a common base path with the path you passed in. But that shouldn't differ depending on where you sent it from.

Can you check your sources.xml?
Code:
<source>
            <name>TV Shows</name>
            <path pathversion="1">smb://192.168.0.5/TV/</path>
            <allowsharing>true</allowsharing>
        </source>

passwords.xml is empty because everything is open share...

BTW the source.xml is being path substituted and shared with multiple XBMC's
  • 214(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
JSON-RPC (JSON Remote Procedure Call) interface protocol in development for XBMC8