XBMC database compatibility between platforms and versions?
Is the database for the XBox version compatible with the database for the Windows version?

I had assumed that the databases would be the same so I could build the library on my PC and transfer the Userdata folder to the Xbox when complete.

The XBox, however, does not seem to recognise the database.
FidoFuz Wrote:Is the database for the XBox version compatible with the database for the Windows version?

Actually this is good question. What format is the database? are there any 3rd paty dbapps with what the database could be edited? Smile
Whether it's compatible depends on the XBMC revisions you're talking about. Let's just say the most probable answer is "no".

I have a vague memory Microsoft SQL or some such should be able to deal with the databases.

If you check XBMC's log file after it tries to deal with an incompatible database, you'll see a ton of errors, stating the "version" of the database it tried to load and the version it wants to load.
XBMC Manual - BlackBolt - SVN Guide - Skin SVN - Wide Icon SVN - ROM Shortcut Generator
You're just jealous 'cause the voices only talk to me :P
They're sqlite, never go backwards in version. We should be able to update so long as the versions are reasonably close. Platform shouldn't matter.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC database compatibility between platforms and versions?0