[LINUX] Ubuntu XBMC application glitches
Sad 
Hi all,
I have recently built a Linux Unbuntu pc for the purpose of running xmbc but everytime the application runs, the interface becomes sticky. Everything runs fine until xbmc loads then all mouse movements are irratic with several seconds of delay.
The hardware is a fairly capable mini ITX PentiumM 1.7GHz with an Intel 855GME graphics chipset.
Any ideas where to start with this? I realise that the hardware may not be able to full HD movies but I'm looking for a mediaplayer to start, I can always built something for HD content later when I have a need for it.
Many thanks.
I had this problem on a Revo and it turned out to be the video drivers. Downloading the latest video drivers fixed the problem.

JR
Hi JR,
Thank you for the prompt response.
I' a fairly competent engineer but absolutley new to linux. I have been googling since your post, but can you point me to where the best place would be to check driver versions and download the newest please?
Thank you.
I have downloaded the latest driver package from intle and attempted to install using ./configure make install command from terminal. I get a response saying that it cannot complete as:
No package 'xorg-server' found
No package 'xproto' found
No package 'fontsproto' found

I don't have an xorg.conf file in usr/etc/x11/ either (or any directory) in which to set unbuntu to the intel latest drivers as in this page
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=XBMC_for_Lin...butions.3F
where it states "You need to make sure that you use the newer 'intel' driver and not the older 'i810' driver or the 'vesa' driver. This could be verified by checking the 'Driver' value in /etc/X11/xorg.conf. "

??
I'm mainly a Windows guy I'm afraid. I would ask in the support forums on the Ubuntu web site.

JR
If you go System > Administration > Hardware drivers and activate the latest driver from there.
That option does a search then says that there are no propriety drivers are in use on this system.

Looking at some other posts I may have to downgrade the graphics drivers to use i836 (or similar) rather than the newer intel driver set. I'm not sure I've seen any options for this anywhere.

Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] Ubuntu XBMC application glitches0