Update library doesn't remove deleted items from library?
I deleted a bunch of movies from my NAS to free up space. I executed "update library" but it doesn't seem to remove those movies from the library

I could manually delete them one by one but that doesn't seem to make sense, there must be an easier way?

If this is supposed to work though, then I'll prepatre a debug log.
This is due to the directory cache and already fixed (workarounded) in SVN. Please upgrade to a more recent version of XBMC and report back.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
kees667 Wrote:I deleted a bunch of movies from my NAS to free up space. I executed "update library" but it doesn't seem to remove those movies from the library

I could manually delete them one by one but that doesn't seem to make sense, there must be an easier way?

If this is supposed to work though, then I'll prepatre a debug log.

Did you try doing a "Clean Library"?
328iGuy Wrote:Did you try doing a "Clean Library"?

not yet. will that remove deleted files? And keep the rest of the library of files still present?
Oops misread. Yeah, do what 328iGuy suggested. Cleaning the library will take care of removed stuff.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
kees667 Wrote:not yet. will that remove deleted files? And keep the rest of the library of files still present?

Absolutely
Thanks. Would it be really weird to suggest inluding that clean function into update? Updating for me doesn't necessarily mean only adding, and updated system should be "up to date" and reflect what I have on my NAS. Also If I remove and add stuff, I now have to perform two actions, in very different sections of the gui (update is found in context menu and clean in settings menu)
Update and clean functions should be separate - certainly for how things are currently implemented.

For example, supposing your nas or another source happened to be offline when you did an update, if clean was included it would remove all of the content associated with that source - not a good thing!! I certainly wouldn't want to rescrape 10TB+ of data just because it happened to be switched off when an update happened.

You could always map a button to your remote to call the clean db action.
kees667 Wrote:Thanks. Would it be really weird to suggest inluding that clean function into update? Updating for me doesn't necessarily mean only adding, and updated system should be "up to date" and reflect what I have on my NAS. Also If I remove and add stuff, I now have to perform two actions, in very different sections of the gui (update is found in context menu and clean in settings menu)

Already possible via <cleanonupdate> option in advancedsettings.xml. See http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Advancedsett...library.3E for more information. Only downside is what prae5 mentioned in the post above (thanks).
thanks!
(2010-01-26, 21:42)mkortstiege Wrote:
kees667 Wrote:Thanks. Would it be really weird to suggest inluding that clean function into update? Updating for me doesn't necessarily mean only adding, and updated system should be "up to date" and reflect what I have on my NAS. Also If I remove and add stuff, I now have to perform two actions, in very different sections of the gui (update is found in context menu and clean in settings menu)

Already possible via <cleanonupdate> option in advancedsettings.xml. See http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Advancedsett...library.3E for more information. Only downside is what prae5 mentioned in the post above (thanks).

Well I'm using Kodi on a nVidia Shield device. I find that having to edit an XML file to be outside of the standard end user capabilities. Would it be possible to add an option for 'cleanonupdate' through the UI? I'm not even sure how to edit files on my nVidia Shield installation...
(2019-11-10, 01:00)ddebacker Wrote: Would it be possible to add an option for 'cleanonupdate' through the UI? I'm not even sure how to edit files on my nVidia Shield installation... 
That's not a bad idea - just add another "Clean library on update" slider that flicks this XML setting over. Raise it as a feature request!

(I agree some advanced settings like this should be exposed via the UI, but there's a limit to which can be coded and which requires some manual editing. I'd really love to see some additional tool that helps display/configure remote keypreses, rather than require manually editing XML files)
I would say it should not be a setting at the UI. Simply because of the mentioned problem a few posts above. If you have "cleanonupdate" enabled, and your source is offline while updating, it will empty your library as Kodi can´t find the path for the content in your library. Hence this setting is an advanced setting for ppl who know what they are doing. If it would be an UI setting, users will enable that without thinking what it might do in the end or what could happen.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Update library doesn't remove deleted items from library?0