• 2(current)
XBMC Remote for Windows Mobile (WinMo) in development, help needed...
Thanks for your responses! Wink
I'll look into the things you mentioned and correct them.
Thanks Johnsel. Works properly on a CDMA Touch Diamond. Is this made for VGA or QVGA? It would be nice if there wasn't scrolling for the additional buttons. Other than that keep up the good work!
It's made for VGA. It's my first publicly released program for WM, and i'm still learning how to correctly handle different resolutions. Anyhow, new version is coming pretty soon...
hi there!

should this also be working on WM 2003? i have a toshiba e750 Pocket PC. the .cab file seems to install fine, but nothing is happening, when i start the program.
Hmmm.. What kind of graphic's are you going to be looking for? I tried XBrunzMC works great actually, but isn't quite a REMOTE like this is. But works great for it's purpose. Just about to try it myself. But i might be interested depending on what you all need. I have a Touch Pro i do A LOT of stuff with. (Currently messing with making a new skin for the highly updated PS emu out there. FPSECE)

Just tried it out, now i get this. It's basically a remote replacement. But i noticed it said VGA, but actually it's larger then VGA. My phone is VGA (Touch Pro) and the remote image has a scroll bar for both vertical and horizontal, which really shouldn't if it's VGA. More like WVGA (800x480) instead of 640x480. But this is, if i am understanding correctly, mostly just to be a remote replacement for controlling XBMC? Whereas the XBrunzMC program is similar to control directly, as it links totally to the database and shows you the video database list to be able to directly choose a title to start remotely, and can stop/start.
mandark Wrote:hi there!

should this also be working on WM 2003? i have a toshiba e750 Pocket PC. the .cab file seems to install fine, but nothing is happening, when i start the program.

I didn't test it on WM 2003. And it's not my first priority either, sorry. If the app has its full functionality i'll look into it!

djdafreund Wrote:Hmmm.. What kind of graphic's are you going to be looking for? I tried XBrunzMC works great actually, but isn't quite a REMOTE like this is. But works great for it's purpose. Just about to try it myself. But i might be interested depending on what you all need. I have a Touch Pro i do A LOT of stuff with. (Currently messing with making a new skin for the highly updated PS emu out there. FPSECE)

Just tried it out, now i get this. It's basically a remote replacement. But i noticed it said VGA, but actually it's larger then VGA. My phone is VGA (Touch Pro) and the remote image has a scroll bar for both vertical and horizontal, which really shouldn't if it's VGA. More like WVGA (800x480) instead of 640x480. But this is, if i am understanding correctly, mostly just to be a remote replacement for controlling XBMC? Whereas the XBrunzMC program is similar to control directly, as it links totally to the database and shows you the video database list to be able to directly choose a title to start remotely, and can stop/start.

Hey, i'm sorry about the vga thingy, yeah this is WVGA 800x480, my mistake.

Anyways, it's going to have alot more than only the remote part, he library's, file browsing and "now playing" are things i definitly want to add. I'm currently working on the movie library part. Now playing is also (half) implemented.

I really need someone to design some nice graphics though, as i cant give things their final place, size and such.
Maybe we can discuss this on MSN? Would be great if you'd make the skin for this program. I'm pretty sure it's going to look slick then! Laugh
I don't mind helping. And thanks for the compliment. How nice Smile I don't use MSN, but i use google chat. We can figure out the details i guess. And that sound's very nice about adding the other stuff also in future plans. I like having direct access to the library, or even files without having to navigate through the tv itself. This allows you to change music and stuff from anywhere in the house without having to resort to using the TV to do the navigating.
Worked great on my Mogul (WM6) and Samsung i730 (WM5).

A couple requests:
-Hardware button support (D-pad/Keyboard)
-Custom buttons

Great start on this program.

Thanks for the share.
Will both get implemented ASAP Smile
Johnsel,

Here's a link to some work I had done on Windows Mobile for XBMControl. I never tested it out on 'real' hardware. I only tested on the Windows Mobile 6.5 emulator. Using the emulator most of the functionality was there to control XBMC.

http://code.google.com/p/xbmcontrol/sour...rol Mobile

Hope this can help you some.

Enjoy,

Kabooga
I am an expert at acting like an expert ---- WC Fields.

XBMC Web Control Interface - https://github.com/mthiels/webinterface.xrc
Works great on my Sprint HTC Touch Diamond running WinMo 6.5.5. I'm blown away by how responsive it is, I really wasn't expecting it to work so well!

Only bummer is that I have a VGA device, which means scroll bars. If you have the time to add in VGA, that would be super appreciated.

Edit: I notice if you leave the remote alone for a while, it seems to become unresponsive. Even disconnecting and connecting doesn't help, but closing and starting it again does.
He's working quite a bit on newer versions, so just give it time and you will see things covered in future versions (IE-VGA skin, etc.)
works wel on my tg01.cant wait to se some more functions .
Does someone knows what the status of this project is? I'm eagerly waiting for an update :-)

grtz
GetSpiffed Wrote:Does someone knows what the status of this project is? I'm eagerly waiting for an update :-)

grtz

Bump same here. Just want to know where the project is at.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Remote for Windows Mobile (WinMo) in development, help needed...0