Video playback API in Visualization Addons
I am working on a visualization addon that will video loops as visualizations. The idea is used a lot on video screens in live music performances. The video clips could be slowed down or sped up with the tempo and would not contain any audio themselves.

My question is this: Is there anyway I can (cleanly) tie into the great XBMC video playback capabilities to display video in the visualization context?

I think there are probably various ways to do it, I guess that some expert can tell me the cleanest way to tie in.

Thanks!
Can I use CDVDPlayer to play the videos from a visualization addon? That seems like the most (relatively) straightforward thing to try. Assuming that I can disable audio output from the player, which it look like I can. I am still studying the code to see if this is possible. Does anyone have any reason to suspect it would be a bad idea to use DVDPlayer to play video clips from and audio visualization addon?
Hi,

Any progress in this?
Sounds amazing!
I think it's a great idea, with a cheesy seasonal option of looping video of a burning log in a fireplace while music is playing. I'm sorry, but I don't have technical advice for you, but wish you the best in developing this plugin that DJ s and enthusiasts will all appreciate.
I hope this gets traction. It would make XBMC music playback a beautiful thing to have for parties and events where you want to have some strange, visually appealing video playing in the background while you're playing music. Does the OP have any progress update to report?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video playback API in Visualization Addons1