Video 'submenu' on the homescreen...
Whilst I know what Party mode does in Music, can the same be done in Video/Movies/TV Shows? One of the biggest things I've always wanted is a 'random' button that will pick a movie/show for you too watch. For big libraries, sometimes choosing is half the battle!

Are you saying that this will be possible in T!'s new release Ronie?
holygrail4 Wrote:Whilst I know what Party mode does in Music, can the same be done in Video/Movies/TV Shows? One of the biggest things I've always wanted is a 'random' button that will pick a movie/show for you too watch. For big libraries, sometimes choosing is half the battle!

Are you saying that this will be possible in T!'s new release Ronie?

the 'party mode' option for videos has always been there, it's on the side menu in your videolibrary.
although it looks like this feature is currently broken in xbmc:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=69138
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Hell yes!

One question though... would it be simple enough/would you be kind enough to update that FAQ you posted showing how to add custom buttons to the home screen to include how to add custom submenus?

The ability to customize the home screen so easily and logically, to me, is what makes transparency the best skin... because of this, I have all sorts of useful links (including categorical buttons directly into specific navi-x categroies) directly on my home screen.

I swear to god, just yesterday I was like "hmmm I need submenus"... and BAM! there you are!

An example of what I'd like instructions on:

I have a button that says "News" that links directly into the navi-x news window, but it would be AMAZING if I could put BBC, CNN, etc on the submenu.

Furthermore, if I could customize the submenu's for the stock buttons, I would love to put direct links into the SABNZBD controller plugin tvfeed window and label it something sly, like "TV On Demand".

This is also necessary because I hide my original Programs button and renamed my Favourites button "programs" because it is pretty much what the favorites window functions as for me, since it has the awesome power to have direct links into Launcher plugin without having to open the plugin itself. Same with Games... i have a separate copy of launcher that the games button links to directly now... I'd like submenus for these as well.

Thank you so much! Your skin not only looks the best, its customizable in a way that adds significant plug-in integration with XBMC, giving a much much more seemless experiment.
branlr Wrote:Hell yes!

One question though... would it be simple enough/would you be kind enough to update that FAQ you posted showing how to add custom buttons to the home screen to include how to add custom submenus?

i update the FAQ on every new release, so be patient for a while. ;-)
the instructions for modding the main menu will stay the same, i don't think i've changed much there.

as for the sub menus, you should be able to do this right from skin settings. if all is well there no need for .xml hacking anymore.

you can easily add links to plugings on the 'Movies' submenu.
just enter a button name and the plugin name, that's all.

if you want direct access to a subdirectory of a script or plugin...i don't think that's possible in xbmc...
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie Wrote:ah...ok...you can check it out now.

How can I download latest SVN build for testing sub-menus?
Lareinette Wrote:How can I download latest SVN build for testing sub-menus?

the instructions are on the Transparency! download page.
Thanks!
But in my PCHC, it doesn't work very well with my XBMC camelot 9.11 (latest stable version. Not SVN build)
Lareinette Wrote:Thanks!
But in my PCHC, it doesn't work very well with my XBMC camelot 9.11 (latest stable version. Not SVN build)

true, as already mentioned a few posts ago, T! svn requires a recent svn verion of xbmc.
i'll add this info to the download page as well.
ronie Wrote:if you want direct access to a subdirectory of a script or plugin...i don't think that's possible in xbmc...

I actually already have buttons on my home menu linking directly to navix submenus and launcher applications though....

So, if that wouldn't be possible to add those specific activatewindow commands though the menu customization interface you are making, I'd still like the info on how to do it through xml file.

Basically, anything that can be added to favourites should be able to have a button coded for it.
branlr Wrote:I actually already have buttons on my home menu linking directly to navix submenus and launcher applications though....

could you post the code you're using for that?
i'd be interested to know, as i couldn't figure out how to do that.

branlr Wrote:Basically, anything that can be added to favourites should be able to have a button coded for it.

exactly my thought, but it didn't work when i tried it with a subdirectory of SABnzbd....
Haha it's so simple that I am skeptical that we are even talking about the same thing! I don't know anything, basically... all I did was realize that the favourites.xml must contain an activatewindow command for directories within plugins, and copy that command into the format you laid out in your FAQ

This is a code for my "news" button on Transparency home screen (horizontal) linking directly into navi-x.

ActivateWindow was copy/pasted directly out of favourites.xml, but it isn't necessary to leave it in your favourites... just an easy way to get the code.

Code:
<item id="22">
    <label>News</label>
    <onclick>ActivateWindow(10024,plugin://video/Navi-X/?mode=0&name=News+Networks&type=playlist&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.box.net%2Frssdownload%2F347139942%2Findex.plx&processor=&date=)</onclick>
    <icon>special://skin/images/backgrounds/News.jpg</icon>
    </item>
cheers mate, just tried that and it works fine indeed.

still no luck with SABnzbd, so maybe it doesn't work with every plugin...
ronie Wrote:cheers mate, just tried that and it works fine indeed.

still no luck with SABnzbd, so maybe it doesn't work with every plugin...

Yeah you are right... I noticed that it doesn't work from the favourites menu either though, so it is a problem with the way the plugin calls the feeds...

I know this sounds vague and I might be giving intuition too much credit here, but when you look at the code, the syntax does seem very bizarre with all the &quot; stuff and what have you... I wonder if favourites is capturing it wrong?

any clue where I might find the code directly within the plugin itself?
branlr Wrote:any clue where I might find the code directly within the plugin itself?

sorry chap, i know a few languages (mainly dutch and english) but python isn't one of them. ;-)
Hi Ronie,

Would have a simple question, tried to release v2.11 to v2.13 in order to be able to customize sub menus, can you tell me how to process with the file skin.xml?
Iv' succeed to get the new release through SVN software (I'm under Mac OS) and get the files under a folder that Ive previously create, I changed skin.xml under library/application support/XBMC/skin/transparency! but after restarting XBMC, I'm still under V.2.11.
Thanks for your answer, your skin is the only way for me (as a newbie) to get sub menus edition and I thank you for that!
Chris

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video 'submenu' on the homescreen...0