[LIVE] XBMC Live on ION can not play 60fps HDTV video?
Any news about that?

I cannot play 720P 60Hz Files, too. How can I help in this problem? My files are from my GoPro HD Cam.
sdsnyr94 Wrote:First time in a while I've had some time to play with this issue again.
I tried an Ubuntu install on a 40Gb HDD to rule out the possibility of something wrong with the XBMC-Live. After installing Ubuntu and adding XBMC I still had the same issue. I tried the latest SVN (dated today Feb 5th) and still low fps.

Just for giggles I then installed Mythbuntu, since the box that is not showing this issue is running it. Well, no matter what I tried, I cannot make XBMC on the Zotac ION MB play 60fps (Actually it's 59.94)... but Mythtv has no problems. I can play all my files smooth as silk.

The only shows I am having trouble with are recorded from Fox (here in the States)... Human Target and 24. The other shows I record come in at 24fps or 29.97fps, and they play fine.

As I was browsing the forum again, I came across this question, http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=69547. This person states that in windowed mode, they get 60fps but only 30fps in full screen. They only mentioned about the "system info" screen, but I decided to try this:

Start in Windowed Mode, and start to play one of the problem files. HOLY SMOKES!!!! I get 60fps!!!!!
I press the "\" key and go back to full screen (Video still playing) and the fps stays around 60fps (kinda bounces from 57 to 61 with some dropped frames here and there).

Here is the xbmc.log: http://pastebin.com/m111701f9

I was expecting to see the FPS drop when it went back to full screen, but it doesn't.... why would that be any different than starting the video full screen?

VDPAU is scaling down to the size of the window, and that doesn't change until the video is restarted.
I guess lightning really can resurrect the dead!

Whiteday - are you using 9.11 stable or a SVN? What revision?

Are you using an ION platform unit?

There was an update in trunk, it was before 28276, that changed how the upscaling was handled. Bobo1on1 directed me to it in a post that is now lost, and it made a big difference.

Hope that helps.
I use the stable XBMCFreak Live CD V. 13 (9.11).

So I need to upgrade to a SVN Version? Has anyone information how to upgrade to SVN? I'm not a Linux crack Smile
hello together,

I tested the SVN and 60fps is fine. But there are several other problems with Power Management and so on. So I have to wait for a Ready to use XBMC Freak Live CD with the new functions.

But thanks, now I know that this problem is fixed.

- whitie -
Glad to hear that worked for you. There is a lot of information in these forums regarding the power management issues. For me, I can wait until the next "Stable" release of XBMC to fix that, as long as I have smooth video playback.

**Edit** I could be wrong, but I thought XBMCFREAK Live CD was only built against the stable release. That would mean that your 60fps issue might return with his next release.
Yes, XBMCFreak Live CDs are normal stable releases I think, but at some point there will be a new stable release I hope Smile

Until that release is finished, I can wait Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE] XBMC Live on ION can not play 60fps HDTV video?0