Weird Cataloging Problem - Help Please
I have been using XBMC on the ATV for over a year and it has worked great finding movies and tv shows up until now.

I'm not sure how to explain this properly but I will try: When scanning for new content in Movies it finds the content but names it improperly. Example: "A Serious Man" is named "A Serious Man" but there is no thumbnail. When going to movie information it finds "Weeds.s05e13.avi". It does this for numerous movies.

I have typed in the proper name manually but it does nothing. I have removed the movie and then scanned for new content (numerous times). I have have removed the source drive and re-added it (numerous times). I have changed the scraper. I have changed numerous and multiple settings. I have updated to atv os 3.1.1 and reinstalled XBMC and Boxee. Nothing seems to work.

The strangest part is that the cataloging is screwy under Movies but while viewing in Videos -> My Movies everything is cataloged properly.

I guess I could just use that directory but I'm obsessing over this because it worked great up until a week ago.

Thanks for all and any help.

ATV OS 3.1.1
Launcher 3.2.2
XBMC 9.11
(hopes that all you need)
When looking under videos you are in effect looking at the file system so you will simply see the file names for them movies.

it sounds like you have told it to scan recursively, when I did this the only real way back was to delete the database and start over, making sure not to use scan recursively and to use folder names for look ups (assuming you have your films in folders)
Thanks for your help but I didn't have scan recursively selected. Only selected run automated scan (or whatever it says exactly). I didn't select use folder names for lookups since all of my movies are in 1 folder. I will try that soon just because.

I have deleted the database about 4 or 5 times and it still does it. I am now starting to wonder if there is something wrong with my hard drive (but I doubt it).
No your drive will be alright.

There was a cool little utility round here that allowed you to click a button and all your movies were stuck into their own folders.

Not saying this would help. The only other option I have is to check carefully the names of your films. By far the best way is such name followed by bracketed year for example

The Thing (1981)

This rarely goes wrong for me. Also make sure your scraper is IMDB and that your folder is set as movies not as tv shows.
This is so strange. I have tried again. I deleted the external source and re-added it. All movie files have been renamed using Filebot but it is still not recognizing about 10 movies. There are being recognized as tv shows and cannot be changed. And every time I do this it is the same 10 movies. wtf??

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Weird Cataloging Problem - Help Please0