[RELEASE] WebBrowser (Programs) Plugin - Bookmark Launcher
Thumbs Up 
Yo!

Here is a plugin to show your bookmarks in Xbmc, and open them with your favorite browser.
It can also read Google bookmarks.

The first run, the plugin ask you you the path of the browser and (optionnaly) your login and password of your google account.

The thumb is generate with apercite.fr API. The image quality is great, but it can take a few minute to generate the thumb. An option in the context menu permit a refresh.

Download

Version 1.1 changelog :
Bug fixed for people who don't have a google bookmarks account
Release 1.1 in the first post

changelog :
Bug fixed for people who don't have a google bookmarks account
Cool. Thanks. I'll check this out Big Grin
thanks to give me return
Couldn't get this to work
It starts retrieving items but then i get an error that says:

Remote Share.
Path not found or invalid

Everything seems setup the right way...
Yo!

Did you use the yesterday's release?

Could you send me your log please, and your operating system?
I am using the XBMC live CD installation and installed firefox and the webbrowser plug-in. I can see a thumbnail of my bookmarked webpages, but can't get the webbrowser to launch. Anyone got an idea how to fix this?
yo!

have you enter the path of the browser?
what have you enter? /usr/bin/firefox or just firefox ?

i'm using it with firefox in ubuntu, it works perfectly.
I am trying this plugin and cannot get the browser to launch. The thumbnails load however when I try to launch nothing happens

I have tried the below paths

/usr/share/firefox
/usr/bin/firefox
/usr/bin/firefox-3.5
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
yo!

could you confirm those points :

1/ Your are not using xbmc directly from gdm, but lanch it in Gnome, KDE, etc...
(firefox need a user interface)

2/ the three paths you give me, permit to launch firefox in a shell

3/ put the file below in your home directory, edit the firefox command in it, and browse to this file with the webbrowser settings (the file needs to be executable)
file : http://dl.free.fr/vYRBRguF4

If it doesn't resolve your problem, give me your log please, perhaps something is broken before your launch the bookmark
cinpou Wrote:yo!

1/ Your are not using xbmc directly from gdm, but lanch it in Gnome, KDE, etc...

3/ put the file below in your home directory, edit the firefox command in it, and browse to this file with the webbrowser settings (the file needs to be executable)

If it doesn't resolve your problem, give me your log please, perhaps something is broken before your launch the bookmark

OK I will try this tonight. thanks
cinpou Wrote:yo!

1, YES Im launching from gnome
2. these files show the below
/usr/share/firefox (folder)
/usr/bin/firefox (link to shell script)
/usr/bin/firefox-3.5 (link to shell script)

I found another folder in the /usr/lib that has a couple of executable files and shell scripts

see below screen shot

will try option 3 to see if I can figure it out but Im not a linux guy at all. learning as I go. what do I edit the firefox command to??
OK i did option 3 and the browser launches however it goes to google search only.
Hello,

I like this plugin since I want to watch CTV.ca and global online tv shows (even though the quality is crap). This plugin is perfect. The only thing that is difficult in entering a url especially when it is really long. I have no way to copy paste one in and didn't find a location where you store this data so I could add it manually. Do you have a quick way to do this?
Yo!

I understand perfectly your problem, what's why i've added google bookmarks support, for add the url in a browser.

Anyway, you can modify the xml file in doc and settings/user/application data/xbmc/userdata/plugins/programms/webbrowser

@rflores: sorry i havn't see your message.
Try to add the same path you put in the executable file, directly in the plugin preference. If it doesn't work, give me the working path, and your xbmc log file.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] WebBrowser (Programs) Plugin - Bookmark Launcher0