No sound using SPDIF passthroug
Question 
Hi,

My first post ever, I really like XBMC live so far. It was first time years I've used it today every since I sold my old XBOX. All I can say is WOW. THANK YOU FOR SUCH A WONDERFUL PRODUCT !!! Nod I like it more than WMC7. At the moment I'm using win7 pro 32bit with MPC-HC with DXVA and I have no issues with playing 720P/1080P. Except most of the time I cannot do any PP on 1080P due to the video chipset limitations.

The specs of my HTPC are:

AMD 5050e @ 2.79 Ghz with Stock HSF
Asus M3N78-VM with
video: onboard Nvidia 8200 (512mb via bios)
audio: onboard VIA VT1708B (8 channels)
WMC remote controller
OCZ PC2-6400 Platinum Rev2 2 x 1Gb
Antec SmartPower 450W Psu
WD 80 Gb

My file server is also win7 pro.

I've used great tutorial on this forums to create bootable usb stick and enable smb win7 shareable drives. Everything works great, I had some video and mp3 playing, except I cannot get any sound coming via my receiver (DTS/AC3) using spdif. I've tried various options in the audio configuration without luck. From what I remember I set it to the digital audio, AC3/DTS enabled, and I picked IEC958 (I believe), however there is no audio coming out at all.... I'm sure there must be something like a config file to adjust or something similar I'm missing. Huh

Please help... Also I do apologize if that was question was already asked 1000 times Blush

TIA
You're missing XBMC for Linux - which is the forum you posted in. You want the XBMC for Windows forum.
deepblue Wrote:You're missing XBMC for Linux - which is the forum you posted in. You want the XBMC for Windows forum.

I'm running/trying out XBMC Live... I'm sorry if my post was confusing. I just wanted to give some background. Blush
AFAIK, nobody's gotten the rear S/PDIF output on a M3N78-VM working under Linux (e.g., see here: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1058464). I'm only able to get audio via HDMI.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No sound using SPDIF passthroug0