Xbox 360 Big Button IR Receiver Support
Hi all,

I've been trying to get the Infrared sensor that comes with the "Scene it" game pack for XBOX 360 to work under ubuntu linux. I suppose you'll figure out what the final intend is... exactly! To get the remotes to work with XBMC. Or even better, to get the IR receiver as a normal IR Receiver and be able to use other remotes (like a standard MCE) with XBMC.

So far I've had not much luck. Current kernel includes a module (xpad.ko) for several Xbox pads (XBOX1 wired remotes, X360 wired and wireless remotes) but not for the Big Button remotes.

I was able to find some work from a person named James Mastros that aimed to add support for those remotes on xpad.c. This work was in the form of a patch. You can find it here:

http://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/56784/

Unfortunately I don't know where to get the files the patch was supposed to be applied on. I supose I don't have enough knowled about linux. And that's where some of you can be of much help.

I tried to contact the creator of the patch to see if he can assist anyhow.

In the mean time... any ideas/experiences?

Thanks in advance,

Jur.
Always read the XBMC Online Manual,Frequently Asked Questions and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting use -> Log file.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbox 360 Big Button IR Receiver Support0