Trouble Exporting Music Db. (Log Included)
Hi all, I have a large collection of music, 1000+ albums and I'm trying to export the library so I can quickly scan it on my other systems and if I need to do a fresh installation.

I want to export to seperate folders so that each album has an nfo, fanart and thumb all saved together.

When I try and export the library only about 5 or 6 albums export - the same ones every time.

Some of my album folders have a album.nfo but others don't and none of them have the fanart so I presume thats saved elsewhere?

I've also tried exporting to a single file but when I copied the database file to another system that didn't work either.

Here is my log http://pastebin.com/m422ea5a3 but it doesn't mention the export.

Can anyone shed any light on how they go about successfully doing what i'm trying to do?
Can someone tell me which folders/files I need to copy to another system so that all the thumbs and fanart don't need re-scraping?
first, that's not a debug log. export relies on you having an artist/album layout.

to answer your question; the userdata folder. see the wiki for where that is on your arch (you don't say and you cut the friggan log).
spiff Wrote:first, that's not a debug log. export relies on you having an artist/album layout.

to answer your question; the userdata folder. see the wiki for where that is on your arch (you don't say and you cut the friggan log).

Oops sorry mate. By Artist/Album layout do you mean like
C/music/artist1/album1
" " /album2 etc?
yeah
Thanks again as always
Just a long shot - do you know of any batch file/program that will create multiple folders? I'm goin to have to create hundreds of new Artist folders to achieve an Artist/Album structure.
Right, I've moved a load of albums into a Artist/Album structure and tried exporting to seperate files but it is still not working.

It will just do a handful of the same artists each time, but even then there is nothing like fanart or thumbs in the artist folder.

Here is the debug if it helps - http://pastebin.com/m5bb5791
hrmf, no output in the log - bad us. i will investigate if it's a general problem tonite.
Thanks mate.
Did you get chance to have a look mate?
Right - I don't know if this a problem for everyone or just me - but I've tried exporting my music on another system and it definately does not work.

I've created a new music directory with just 5 artists in it. I've structured it like c:Music/Metallica/Metallica - Black Album
" " /Metallica - Ride the Lightning
etc, etc.

They all scan to the library with no problem but when I try to export the library the status bar flashes straight to 100% and nothing has exported.

If I try to export to a single file I get an empty db file.

On my proper system, in original post, just a handful of my Artists are exporting, for eg, in /Billy Joel/... I have 3 albums then an artist.nfo, fanart jpg and a folder.jpg, so the ones it is exporting are ok - the problem is its only exporting about 5 artists out of 500!
sorry no, been busy but i haven't forgotten about it.
Ok mate no worries, I'll leave it with you, cheers.
works perfecly fine for me. you do know it only exports extra stuff that is downloaded from the inet right?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Trouble Exporting Music Db. (Log Included)0