Filter washes out background image [Revisited]
I'm loving this new skin (Revisited) but on some of my fanarts, it washes them out. I'd really like to make the filter more transparent to get some more depth in the background. I've started by looking in the colours xml file but I can't seem to find anything there that looks like it belongs to the filter. I'm not affraid to get in there if I know what I'm looking for. Can anyone point me to what I might need to do?

@Hitcher: As a suggestion maybe in the skin visual options have a "filter transparency" option for noobs (5% or 10% increments). I don't know if this is even possible but it would make things easy for those who have no experience skinnin.
Been asked many times before and the answer is no officially as the more visible the fanart becomes the less visible the text becomes; and it's also the whole point of Alaska.

If you want to mess around with it yourself look in the Includes.xml for -

PHP Code:
<include name="Global_Filter">
    <
control type="image">
        <include>
Dimensions_Fullscreen</include>
        <
texture>special://skin/extras/filters/filter.png</texture>

<animation effect="fade" start="100" end="80" time="400" condition="Window.IsActive(Home) + Skin.HasSetting(HomeBackgrounds)">Conditional</animation>
        <
animation effect="fade" start="100" end="80" time="400" condition="!IsEmpty(ListItem.Property(Fanart_Image)) + !Window.Next(Home)">Conditional</animation>            
        <
animation effect="fade" start="100" end="72" time="400" condition="[Window.IsActive(pictures) | Window.IsActive(450)] + [substring(listitem.filenameandpath,jpg) | substring(listitem.filenameandpath,bmp) | substring(listitem.filenameandpath,png) | substring(listitem.filenameandpath,tif) | substring(listitem.filenameandpath,ico) | substring(listitem.filenameandpath,pcx) | substring(listitem.filenameandpath,tga)]] + !Window.Next(Home)">Conditional</animation>                
    </
control>
</include> 

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Filter washes out background image [Revisited]0