Paused text
I remember seeing a thread on this forum where someone had a screen shot of there player paused, and the wording PAUSED was displayed on screen in large white lettering (centered) as part of their Alaska theme...

I get the paused text appear on my OSD but not like how that one appeared, would that be a modded version? If so, can anyone assist on what I would need to do to get it appearing?
MowgliSpanrod Wrote:I remember seeing a thread on this forum where someone had a screen shot of there player paused, and the wording PAUSED was displayed on screen in large white lettering (centered) as part of their Alaska theme...

I get the paused text appear on my OSD but not like how that one appeared, would that be a modded version? If so, can anyone assist on what I would need to do to get it appearing?
I have an option for this in BIG Alaska. Otherwise, if you are using Alaska Original, I believe you will need to edit the includes.xml and look for the following block of code (I'm not sure if this applies to Alaska Revisited):
Code:
<include name="Global_HeadingDetailVars2">
        <posy>40</posy>
        <width>800</width>
        <font>Font_Date</font>
        <textcolor>Date</textcolor>
        <align>left</align>
        <include>Animation_CommonFade</include>
    </include>
and try changing it to:
Code:
<include name="Global_HeadingDetailVars2">
        <posy>150</posy>
        <width>1220</width>
        <font>Font_MainMenu</font>
        <textcolor>MainMenu</textcolor>
        <align>center</align>
        <include>Animation_CommonFade</include>
    </include>
Obviously, backup the Includes.xml file first in case that doesn't work.
Yeah you are right this block doesnt exist in the file in the alaska revisited directory...I presume adding the block will break it?
I'm going to figure this out, I don't know XML but I'm trying to learn. This shouldn't be that hard Smile The paused text from the original Alaska is one thing I really miss.
Do you mean like this ?

I have modded a few more bits in my DialogSeekbar.xml as you can see using bits from other skins.
Ram2000 Wrote:Do you mean like this ?

I have modded a few more bits in my DialogSeekbar.xml as you can see using bits from other skins.

yes that's exactly what I'm after, very nice work there. I need to get my XML skills up so I know how to do this.
quebert Wrote:yes that's exactly what I'm after, very nice work there. I need to get my XML skills up so I know how to do this.

I suck at coding I just pilage and rape others code this is part stoli part eckstheory some hitcher and a little bit of mcborzu added for seasoning....

BUT i have got it looking just how I like it

Paused in Movies

Paused IN TV Using Clearart and Logo

Heres all the modded Files if anyone wants to play with them but i warn you these come with NO SUPPORT so back up your working folder first.

ALASKA BIG PAUSED

I am pretty sure i have got everything you need in this rar.
AWESOME thank you!! To anyone else interested in this, it worked great for me. Now I gotta fine clearart for all my shows.
quebert Wrote:AWESOME thank you!! To anyone else interested in this, it worked great for me. Now I gotta fine clearart for all my shows.

Glad it works OK for you best place for the clearart is XBMCStuff
Ram2000 Wrote:Glad it works OK for you best place for the clearart is XBMCStuff

Was just there, I watch a lot of shows that aren't super popular so about 60% of mine have nothing there. Oh well looks like I'm going to have to invest some time making my own. I got landscape, banners, posters & TV logo's I've made. Once I do clearart for my shows I don't think there will be any other possible graphics left lol.
quebert Wrote:Was just there, I watch a lot of shows that aren't super popular so about 60% of mine have nothing there. Oh well looks like I'm going to have to invest some time making my own. I got landscape, banners, posters & TV logo's I've made. Once I do clearart for my shows I don't think there will be any other possible graphics left lol.

the thing to do if its not there and your willing to make it is ADD IT Big Grin
Ram2000 Wrote:the thing to do if its not there and your willing to make it is ADD IT Big Grin

I definitely plan to do that, as it stands most of the ones I did are semi ghetto. Good enough for me, but if I'm going to upload them I should at least do my best to make them look as good as I possibly can. I think you gave me a mission for this weekend.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Paused text0