Two addition requests?
I am using r108 and was wondering if you could add an option in the skin settings that deal with controls of the horizontal home menu. As things are, you can move your mouse over to the far left and right to move the menu that way. And that is fine. But I was curious if you could make an option to allow scrolling using only the mouse wheel and not the pointer position.

The second request deals with menu navigation as well. I was wondering if you could allow menu selection based on a click on the menu itself rather than the pointer position being over the menu. Using the weather section of the skin, and viewing lists of movie and tv-show can be tedious if the mouse is very sensitive.
ralob Wrote:I am using r108 and was wondering if you could add an option in the skin settings that deal with controls of the horizontal home menu. As things are, you can move your mouse over to the far left and right to move the menu that way. And that is fine. But I was curious if you could make an option to allow scrolling using only the mouse wheel and not the pointer position.
i'm not sure if the behaviour can be changed, but i'll look into it.

ralob Wrote:The second request deals with menu navigation as well. I was wondering if you could allow menu selection based on a click on the menu itself rather than the pointer position being over the menu. Using the weather section of the skin, and viewing lists of movie and tv-show can be tedious if the mouse is very sensitive.

it's easier for remote/keyboard navigation to keep things as they are.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
fixed in r110, besides the home menu also the picture thumb view and the actor thumbs in the video info dialog were affected.

not sure what your issue is with 'viewing lists of movie and tv-show'?
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Thanks ronie. Smile

And the issue is merely an irritant. If you have a mouse that is sensitive, it is easy for you to be aim for a specific show on a list and scroll through several to get it. And in that time, the fanart, information, etc. is being loaded for each show you scroll over on your way to the destination.
Example-
TV Show 1
TV Show 2
TV Show 3
TV Show 4
TV Show 5
TV Show 6
TV Show 7

Now, let's say when I enter the library and my cursor is on TV Show 2 initially and I want to go to TV Show 7, when I drag the cursor downwards to 7, all the information from 3-6 is being loaded with fanart changes, plots, etc. Sometimes I like being able to do it, but I also think the option to have to click on a listed show or movie to show the information rather than the cursor needing to hover over it would be beneficial. Of course, then the user would need to double click to get deeper into the folder structure, so that may not be the direction you want to go. Either way, it was merely a suggestion. If you change anything, I think an option in the skin for mouse users would be better, as some may find the current setup more than enough. I know I find it useful despite the occasional grumble. Smile The skin is brilliant regardless. And I don't want this to sound like any sort of demand or criticism. It is just an idea.

EDIT- Forgot to Add, I love how when the pointer is on an object and you scroll, you start from that position in the list. It makes navigating snappy and wonderful. Smile
ah ok, i get it now. :-)
what you're describing is default xbmc behaviour and it's something that can't be changed by the skin.
ronie Wrote:ah ok, i get it now. :-)
what you're describing is default xbmc behaviour and it's something that can't be changed by the skin.

*grumble* Figures. Laugh Well, it isn't a big deal in the grand scheme of things. Thanks for being so open to suggestions, and explaining why they may not be implemented. It certainly makes it easier to ask, which is appreciated.
ralob Wrote:*grumble* Figures. Laugh Well, it isn't a big deal in the grand scheme of things. Thanks for being so open to suggestions, and explaining why they may not be implemented. It certainly makes it easier to ask, which is appreciated.

the skin wouldn't be what it is today without user sugestions ;-)

and thanx to you for keeping an eye on svn, it's good to have someone catch those bugs early in the process.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Two addition requests?0