audio problems- ubuntu sounds ok. xbmc failed
ok my audio was working perfect yesterday and today I go to setup my iphone remote app and get it working, after that my audio does not work.

here are my settings below and my debug log

whats weird is that when I am in xbmc the sound work in the skin and if I play something in the ubuntu desktop (ie youtube video) the sound work ok. Its just xbmc when playing a movie or tv show it does not work. It gives me an error "failed to initialize audio device, check your settings".

Any help please
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
ok I just read in the thread-[LINUX] Guide for Multichannel HD sound over Nvidia HDMI that the new nvidia drivers 190 series drivers breaks lpcm hdmi output totally or partially. drivers below is what I have installed.

so what do I do? should I uninstall the nvidia drivers and then follow the steps in the guide? If so how do I uninstall the nvidia drivers?
Anyone?
I'm getting the same results: 9.04 is fine, 9.11 breaks audio on the Revo 1600. I tried updating to the 195 beta drivers in the off chance that would make a difference. No lucky there either.

Also, the X11 log is telling me my LCD can't handle 1080 when Windows XP found it.
(did not try this under 9.04, only 9.11/190 drivers)

I'm backing down to 9.04 until someone comes up with a fix.
Having the same problem on my Revo 3610. Had a look at the thread mentioned above and tried:

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade -y
sudo reboot

After the reboot, I figured I'd check to see if that did anything and sure enough I had sound. But after a subsequent reboot, silence once again Sad
I'm going to mess around with it later and I'll report back if I have any luck but reverting to 9.04 for now looks like a good idea.
Maybe you other guys should post a debug log too it may not be the same problem.
Anyone find a solution? I tried going back to 185 drivers by following the multichannel audio thread but I still get audio that sometimes doesn't work. I have to reboot.
http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/19..._Notes.pdf

Page 33

"The NVIDIA driver attempts to identify such displays and automatically disables the
audio. For example, the NVIDIA driver disables HMDI audio for all Philips HDMI
TVs, as these have been identified as having issues with current NVIDIA graphics
cards."
Under windows, there is a setting to re-enable I believe... Nvidia just shuts down the audio if it thinks there is a problem.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=492...tcount=250

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
audio problems- ubuntu sounds ok. xbmc failed0