I am so damn impressed with XBMCbuntu. Well done guys.
Rainbow 
I've been running XBMC on XP for a very long time. I was getting extremely sick of software trying to update, or erroring out and minimizing XBMC.. whatever. It seemed like there was always something causing me problems. My "remote" (a Logitech F710 gamepad) would constantly stop working and I'd have to use Logitech's sync tool to get it working again. It was a pain in the ass.

Tonight, I decided to try XBMCbuntu. I installed it to a flash drive, and off I went. Booted it up for the first time... it goes straight into XBMC. Gamepad works exactly how I wanted it to, internet works right away. Absolutely nothing jumped out at me and ruined my night (as I fully expected). It just worked. I have almost zero knowledge of Linux and was afraid I'd be tinkering with stuff and googling for answers for hours. Nope. Already watching shows.

I am seriously impressed. I had no idea it was going to be this good.
Just ditched MP on windows 7 myself and posted a similar thread. My problems consisted of...reprogramming two remote buttons, that's it.

I had little/no faith in xbmc getting back to what it was on the Xbox when it moved to Linux. I was wrong, it was the best media player then and appears to be that again after a day of use for me.

edit: I am a long time *nix user, general advice...without commercial software/hardware dealers pushing stuff to you ala Windows, unless you break it yourself, it won't break. If unsure, leave it alone Wink.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
I am so damn impressed with XBMCbuntu. Well done guys.0