• 46(current)
Post your setup pictures
R1Lee,

Nice setup. Do you have any heating issues with the Emotiva's being racked in such a confined space or do you have a fan tray as well? I am still debating how to avoid heat issues in my rack.

I also have similar Emo gear, but I also have a Dell server and about to install a Supermicro 846A - 24 drive bay chassis. You have the advantage of the room as well. Mine is in a 8' x 5' closet.
LowBoost Wrote:R1Lee,

Nice setup. Do you have any heating issues with the Emotiva's being racked in such a confined space or do you have a fan tray as well? Still debating how to avoid heat issues.

I also have similar Emo gear, but I also have a Dell server and about to install a Supermicro 846A - 24 drive bay chassis. You have the advantage of the room as well. Mine is in a 8' x 5' closet.

This is the unit i went with. I was concern about how loud most servers get.
http://www.supermicro.com/products/chass...3T-665.cfm
But i ended up pulling all the system fans out and replacing them and if the screw holes weren't in different area's i would also replace the powersupply to a fanless. But my Server runs damn quiet, roughly 16-17db.

Anyhow, i do have a 2U APC Fan (4*80MM fan's) above the Amps and the Fan that goes on top of the rack (4 80mm fans). I have not turned them on since it's winter and I have also read that their DB levels are extremely loud (100db), so either i'm going to replace them (need a friend to come in and rewire) or attempt to run it without the fans for now. If it causes too much heat in the summer, then i would definately do the fan swap.

The equipment room is about 48inches wide and 87" tall and a depth of about 60 inches. But my contractor has stated that in the summer if it gets too hot, that he will cut a vent hole into the ceiling of that room and vent any hot air into that bulkhead. The room currently gets warm and when I'm next to my equipment i can feel it. It comes from the Server as that's the only thing on.

Hope that helps.
I think I can replace the fans or just play with the BIOS settings to lower the noise. Unfortunately, Supermicro is know for very loud fans, and most of the noise comes from the power supplies… so not much we can about it.

I have a slight advantage that my closet is right next the HT Room, so noise shouldn't be an issue unless those power supplies are really annoying. The Dell server is pretty quiet though.

I will get two of those APC fan trays… and I also need a new/larger UPS.
also I confirmed with emotiva that when using their rack ears, you can remove the feet. Since I had space, I kept the feet on and allowed a little bit of airflow between them. If I ran into space issues, then they would come off.
LowBoost Wrote:I think I can replace the fans or just play with the BIOS settings to lower the noise. Unfortunately, Supermicro is know for very loud fans, and most of the noise comes from the power supplies… so not much we can about it.

I have a slight advantage that my closet is right next the HT Room, so noise shouldn't be an issue unless those power supplies are really annoying. The Dell server is pretty quiet though.

I will get two of those APC fan trays… and I also need a new/larger UPS.

If you can afford the space, I went with 4U chassis for my 4 servers even though I didn't need that much room inside each one - it allows for 120mm fans, which spin at a lower speed...
Rainbow 
I looked at all the awesome setups on here, and i became jealous.
I cashed in my life insurance, withdrew 13 years of savings, pimped my wife for four months and stole money from my work and friends. I took the grand total of £39844 and set off for the A.V. store.
As i was about to enter i met a guy on the way out, and after a little conversation he persuaded me that he could do much, much more for that money. This is my setup;

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I am totally buzzed about it Big Grin

Now if only i could get Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD MA audio working.

The moral of the story; " ..'Ware the Home Theatre Bug!"
Being my first house I don't have much space for a fancy setup. Everything is hidden as best at it can be. The wiring and patch panel is not in a seperate nice cabinet, but squeezed under the gas meter, next to the electric meter, attached to my DIY rack mount!

24 Port CAT5e Patch Panel, Cable Modem, Dlink N Router, TP LINK 8 Port Gigabit switch

Heres my setup:

Living Room
TV - Samsung 50" Plasma PS50A457
AMP - Sony STR-DG820 & 5.0 crap sony speakers
HTPC - Acer Revo 3610
Remotes - Logitech harmony remote & a nook color - running CM7 & android XBMC remote app
Electric reclining sofas

Living Room photos (the patch panel housing (above photo) is on the right hand side with the photos on top):

Spare bedroom / office -
houses my server (left box) and
my desktop (right box), made of spare parts hooked up to dual monitor, 1 is a 24" Dell Ultrasharp U2412M

Bedroom / office photo:

Server:
Headless ubuntu Server - TV / File / Web Server:
Case - Antec 300
StarTech 4 Drive 3.5in Trayless Hot Swap SATA Mobile Rack Backplane HSB430SATBK
CPU - 2.5ghz dual core
RAM - 4gb
8 port SAS / SATA - Supermicro AOC-USAS-L8I
11 Hard drives
TV card (USB) - Tevii s660 - Running VDR

To do list. Replace tevii for a LinuxMedia dual turner. Replace the revo for a bitstreaming audio HTPC, and replace the old desktop with the spare revo.
Whilst not as extensive (or massive!) as some of the setups on here, thought i'd share my nice n neat setups.

Main Room:
Sony KDLV40" TV
Sky+ HD
Panasonic Surround Sound System
Thor HDMI/optical splitter
Apple TV 2 (just to the left of the bottom speaker if u can't see it Wink )

Conservatory:
Sony 26" TV
Apple TV 2

Both ATV's are wired into Solwise 200MB Power Line Adapters, and all my media is stored on a QNAP TS410 NAS elsewhere in the house, also wired into the Solwise adapters.
QNAP TS670 NAS - 4x4TB Raided with NFS Support & Central MySQL DB
Pi 3 [Xbian] - Samsung 46" ES7000 Smart TV & HT-E5550 3D BD Sound System
Pi 3 [Xbian]  + Hyperion Ambilight- Samsung 48" Curved UE48JS9000 4k
PowerEthernet T1502 Powerline adapters
Nice setups out there. So here is mine:

TV: Samsung LE-40F86BD
BD-Player: Philips BDP7500B2
Mediaserver: ASUS AT5IONT-I / 2x2GB Kingston DDR3 / 2x2TB Western Digital Elements / 1x2TB Hitachi
AV-Receiver: Onkyo TX-SR608
Front speaker: Canton GLE 490
Center speaker: Canton GLE 455
Surround speaker: Wharfedale WH2 Dipol (to be replaced by GLE 410)
Front wide speaker: Alesis One MK II (not in permanent use)
nsviper Wrote:Conservatory:
Sony 26" TV
Apple TV 2

What skin is that ?
focus, refocus or retro focus I would say.
r1lee Wrote:Well this is almost all the XBMC machine's currently in my house. The only one that's not on here yet is my daughter's, ATV2.

JVC LCOS 70" HD-70FH97
Focus Audio FC70 Speakers
Focus Audio FCC Center Channel
2 * Emotiva X-ref12 stacked
Aperion Zona Wireless speakers for rears
Onkyo TX-NR709
PS3
Wii
Cisco HD PVR
Silverstone GD06 Case
-Asrock A75M-HVS w/8GB Ram
-Intel 160GB 320Series SSD
-Mtron MLC 32GB SSD, used for Temporary Windows and Internet Folders

Finally The HT ROOM
The Main system is located here, it has XBMC on it and feeds the rest of the house. Its the top machine on the Rack. All running Cat6a
Supermicro Case w/ 8 Hot Drive bays.
-Windows Home Server 2011
-Asus P8Z68-V/GEN3
-i3-2100T processor
-HIS 5750 Fanless 1GB
-2*128GB Mtron MLC SSD in Raid1
-Rocketraid 2720SGL
-4*2TB Drives in Raid 5 (3*2TB additiona for expanded storage or to replace).
Marantz AV7005
Oppo BDP-95
Belkin AVU1500
3 * Emotiva XPA-1
2 * Emotiva UPA-1
1 * Emotiva UPA-2
Focus Audio Prestige FP 80 Front L/R
Focua Audio Prestige FPC SE Center
Focus Audio Signatures FS78 Surround
Focus Audio Classic FC50 Rears
SVS PB13-Ultra
Panasonic PT-AE7000 Projector
148" Dalite HP Fixed Screen. 2.35:1

sweet mother of holy god Shocked
TeKo Wrote:focus, refocus or retro focus I would say.

Yup reFocus - super fast n smooth on my ATV's - both screenshots are from that skin...link in sig....
QNAP TS670 NAS - 4x4TB Raided with NFS Support & Central MySQL DB
Pi 3 [Xbian] - Samsung 46" ES7000 Smart TV & HT-E5550 3D BD Sound System
Pi 3 [Xbian]  + Hyperion Ambilight- Samsung 48" Curved UE48JS9000 4k
PowerEthernet T1502 Powerline adapters
This is the setup I have dreamed of. Pure pimpin! One of the best ive seen. I love the movie posters up around the room, Im still trying to convince my GF to let me hang some framed ones up myself. Congrats sir! Nod
r1lee Wrote:Thanks guys, the bar leading to the theater room is much fun also Smile
Here's another pick, i have Blue LED's that i can setup for lighting the perimeter around the Riser, but i'm not sure if i should do it and waste my time.

Batesizurdaddie Wrote:This is the setup I have dreamed of. Pure pimpin! One of the best ive seen. I love the movie posters up around the room, Im still trying to convince my GF to let me hang some framed ones up myself. Congrats sir! Nod

Actually those posters are acoustic panels that I did myself.
  • 46(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Post your setup pictures7