• 53(current)
Post your setup pictures
(2012-07-13, 20:19)slithers Wrote:
(2012-07-04, 21:49)crisdecuba Wrote: - Program for Reading Wii-Formatted External Hard Drive: WBFS Manager
- Wii / GCN Game Backup: Program for ripping GCN / Wii games: RawDump 2.1
- Emulator Setup: Different GCN / Wii games may require different settings or different versions of Dolphin to run well. So I essentially created a different instance of the dolphin emulator for each game. This allows me to tweak or adjust the settings for each game individually without worrying about breaking something in another game.

Thanks for introducing me to Dolphin-Emulator. Can you talk more about how you setup the different instances, or provide a link to a guide!

(2012-07-18, 15:02)jayzirl Wrote:
(2012-07-18, 14:46)angel129116 Wrote: The xbox stand looks similar to the one I have. Mine is made by Gamexpert and was bought from Argos
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/pa...669051.htm

Thanks for that... thats the one... funny enough i didnt think of argos.

Likewise, think I'll grab one at the weekend. To stay on topic, once my new server is installed I'll join in and post pics of my setup. Smile
I've just finished my first HTCP i3-2120, H67M-ITX/HT, 64gb M4 SSD, 4gb Ram, ISK300-150 build and got it all hooked up in my cinema room.

Equipment List...

Optoma HD20 1080p Projector, 110" Screen
HD-DVD EP30
Onkyo 607 AV Amp
BK Elec Monolith Subwoofer
Kef Centre
TDL Studio 10's
Gale 3060B Bi-Polar
Gale 20 Centre(rear)
PS3 120GB
Sky+ HD
Harmony One Remote
Varilight Remote Lights
HTPC + Logitech K400 keyboard.

Not the best pictures but....

Sweet set ups guys

I'm currently in Africa for a year and had to bring a mobile setup to pass the time. Here's the components:

Laptop
Alienware M-14x
Core i7
8gb ram
Nvidia gt555m

Projector:
Dell 110m 1280x800 (surprisingly good image quality for the size)

The set up is great for gaming as well. Enough talks here are the pics.

Yeah that's a toilet paper roll I'm using as a projector stand,lol gotta make due.
(2012-07-22, 01:46)2002whitegt Wrote: Sweet set ups guys

I'm currently in Africa for a year and had to bring a mobile setup to pass the time. Here's the components:

Laptop
Alienware M-14x
Core i7
8gb ram
Nvidia gt555m

Projector:
Dell 110m 1280x800 (surprisingly good image quality for the size)

The set up is great for gaming as well. Enough talks here are the pics.

Yeah that's a toilet paper roll I'm using as a projector stand,lol gotta make due.

Haha that's class. I like your travel setup!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here's my setup:

Some components have been replaced since the pictures was taken, but the component list is up to date.

(Norwegian language)

http://avforum.no/minhjemmekino/show.php/toppe
System: XBMC Gotham 13.1, HTPC: AMD 6450 1GB, Intel i5 3470S, 8GB DDR3, ASUS P8H61-M PRO, OCZ SSD Agility 3, NYXboard Hybrid Remote
Surround: NAD M15HD2, NAD M25, B&W 803 Diamond, B&W DB1, B&W HTM4, Pioneer KRP-600A / Panasonic 65VT50
How do you guys like your projectors? I always wanted one, but they always seem like they give off less light then a high end TV. I like the bright LED-LED flat screens because they don't have that matte finish.

do you get a pretty crisp image on the projectors?
I have a completely black room and my projector shows great. If there were windows or ambient lighting, I might feel differently...but we built the room specifically for the projector.

I've got a setting for daytime as it's in my bedroom there is a window and about 10-11AM in the morning the sun shines straight through, however if I move over to USER1 I've the birghtness and contrast up, however you honestly don't notice much difference when the sun hits it with the color difference it as I did spend quite a bit of time looking at the differences to try and get them as close as possible.

This is what mine looks like with standard def TV with BBC 1 on

Image - Those cables I can't help just yet but they're getting sorted rather quickly Smile.

- Intel Core2Quad Q6600 - 2.5Ghz - 4GB DDR2 1066Mhz - ATI 5450 - 200GB HDD - Creative Soundblaster Augidy 2
Running OpenELEC (It really is great!)

Image - A few TV Episodes Smile

These are taken from my phone and really don't do any justice to how clear to projector actually is, at the angle I took these pictures was sat at my desk and my speakers are slightly too tall and do go into the projection, however at the size it's at and if you're sat on the sofa or in bed you don't really notice them so not overly bothered about them being that tall as again not really noticeable.

Nothing is stored locally on the media center itself.

Wow, sweet setups guys!

Mine is at WIP stage(even the software part :p lot of renaming and customising to go) so I'm not posting any pictures. However my laptop(media server, I use my netbook for everything else) is powered by i5 2.4GHz Dual-Core processor, 6GB of RAM(I know it's more than required but it was built-in so why not...), 640GB HDD + 1000GB External USB HDD, Intel 3000 GPU.

I use my phone as a remote, I'll buy a real media remote at some point of time. I have a 40" Sony Bravia TV(nothing fancy, it's about 5yrs old) which is connected to my MP with HDMI. I don't even have a working home theathre system yet, but I'll buy one soon.

Cheers, hope I'll get to post py pictures when it's done Smile
I’ve been checking these forums for a long time now. I had been using XBMC just on my home computer.
But then I found this thread with all these pictures of your setups. I wanted one myself and started building it.
I cleared out a room and painted it black/grey-ish.
I then started looking for a projector and a sound system.

And this is the result:

I made the projector screen myself. This way I saved a lot of money and the end result is the same.
I put in some couches and installed my projector and sound system.

The projector is an Optoma HD23, 1080p full HD. For the sound system I chose for an Onkyo HT-S3505.
I’m still using a laptop with XBMC but I’m looking to buy a server.

To decorate the rest of the room I bought some posters and hung them up the wall.

The Hangover, Lord of the Rings and Pirates of the Caribbean.

The Joker from The Dark Knight and Transformers.

Here are some other pictures with XBMC:

To control XBMC I use a keyboard with built-in mousepad. (Logitech K400 Wireless Touch Keyboard)

I'm very satisfied with this setup and I hope to extend it more in the future :>
Nice setup. I am about to move into my buddy's house and we are gonna wire the whole house with cat5e (would go cat6 but already got the cable). He has a pretty sweet samsung LCD setup in the main room and I am going to be setting up my room as well with my TV. Already have a good XBMCBuntu rig that will power the whole house with media. Will have to post pics.
In April I finally moved to a my "own" flat (rented, actually) and since then I've been doing things in it (I had to buy all furniture.. I had nothing!) but I'm at a stage now I can say that my media are is complete, so here is a photo of it:

My kit consists of:

TV: Sony 46EX720
AVR: Sony STR-DH700
SPEAKERS: 2xInfinity Primus 150
HTPC: Asrock ION 330HT with 640GB HDD
STORAGE: 3x2TB Usb HDDs
REMOTE: Logitech Harmony 300
GAMING: XBOX 360 + Wii (hidden behind a door, since I don't use them as much)
Good stuff PatrickVogeli.... enjoy your new flat.
(2012-08-19, 19:14)PatrickVogeli Wrote: In April I finally moved to a my "own" flat (rented, actually) and since then I've been doing things in it (I had to buy all furniture.. I had nothing!) but I'm at a stage now I can say that my media are is complete, so here is a photo of it:

My kit consists of:

TV: Sony 46EX720
AVR: Sony STR-DH700
SPEAKERS: 2xInfinity Primus 150
HTPC: Asrock ION 330HT with 640GB HDD
STORAGE: 3x2TB Usb HDDs
REMOTE: Logitech Harmony 300
GAMING: XBOX 360 + Wii (hidden behind a door, since I don't use them as much)

Congratulations on the flat! Nice setup. Maybe its just me but it makes that TV look tiny haha.

I just bought a house this month so been buying major things like washer/dryer and couches. After tht I will be buying a dedicated HTPC/Server hopefully.
HTPC: ASRock B75M-ITX LGA | Intel i-3 3.3GHZ | 4GB | Samsung SSD + WD 2TB x2
  • 53(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Post your setup pictures7