• 54(current)
Post your setup pictures
I thought I would add my Builds an pictures
Server

ASRock E350M1 AMD E-350 APU (1.6GHz, Dual-Core) AMD A50M Hudson M1 Mini ITX Motherboard/CPU Combo
2 x Kingston 4GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1066 (PC3 8500) LIAN LI PC-Q11B Black Aluminum Mini-ITX Tower Computer Case
2 x Seagate Barracuda Green ST2000DL003 2TB 5900 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5"
Seagate Barracuda ST3000DM001 3TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5"

Harmon-Kardon AVR 2600
Rocketfish HD Transmitter
PS3
XBOX 360
Wii
BENQ W1000
Logitech Harmony 1100 Universal Infrared Advanced Remote Control

XBMC

ZOTAC IONITX-G-E Intel Atom 330 (1.6GHz, dual-core) NVIDIA ION Mini ITX Motherboard/CPU Combo
Crucial RealSSD C300 CTFDDAC064MAG-1G1 2.5" 64GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
Kingston 2GB 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Desktop Memory Model KVR800D2N6/2G XBMCbuntu
HTPC 1 - ZOTAC IONITX-G-E Intel Atom 330 4 gig ,60 gig SSD, XBMCbuntu, Harmony 1100
HTPC 2 - Pivos XIOS - Linux XBMC
HTPC 3 - RaspberryPi B -Raspbmc
Server - ASRock E350M1 AMD E-350 APU 4 gig Ram, 11 TB, MySQL, shared thumbnails
SABNZBD - sickbeard - Couch Potato - headphones

Rocketfish WirelessHD Adapter (model RF-WHD100)
benq W100
(2012-08-07, 16:34)bvreysen Wrote: ....

Man, that's sweet! I wish I had the money to buy a projector" Big Grin

Well, here's mine. It doesn't look that good yet, but it's a WIP.

I am getting a 40" TV soon. 22" is just ridiculously tiny.
That chair is pure awesomeness. It my not be the best computer chair, but I don't spend that much time on internet anyway.
In the back of the room, we've got my sofa. It's pretty comfy, but my TV's so small and the sofa's so far away from it.

And yeah, that's pretty much it... I need some speakers and a larger TV and I'm good to go! Cheers Big Grin

EDIT: An yes, that black box on the table is a PS3 Big Grin The wire is just so short...

And yeah, I use my Samsung phone as remote controller. I will order a media remote next week

Just got my couches yesterday, had to take out a door frame to get them downstairs. I STILL don't have a dedicated HTPC but will hopefully be changing that soon once I can get a decent build for cheap.
HTPC: ASRock B75M-ITX LGA | Intel i-3 3.3GHZ | 4GB | Samsung SSD + WD 2TB x2
(2012-08-19, 19:14)PatrickVogeli Wrote: In April I finally moved to a my "own" flat (rented, actually) and since then I've been doing things in it (I had to buy all furniture.. I had nothing!) but I'm at a stage now I can say that my media are is complete, so here is a photo of it:

PatrickVogeli,
That is a great setup. Do you mind sharing what furniture you are using for your HTPC?
Hi,

Thanks for all the kind words! In that photo I said that my media area was complete... it seems not! Since then I've added a central channel (however, it's not a matching primus, but a JBL EC25), a subwoofer (magnat monitor supreme sub301), hanged the tv on the wall and the added 60cm more to the cabinets. I'll post some new pictures later or tomorrow.

(2012-09-26, 04:42)jordiboy Wrote:
(2012-08-19, 19:14)PatrickVogeli Wrote: In April I finally moved to a my "own" flat (rented, actually) and since then I've been doing things in it (I had to buy all furniture.. I had nothing!) but I'm at a stage now I can say that my media are is complete, so here is a photo of it:

PatrickVogeli,
That is a great setup. Do you mind sharing what furniture you are using for your HTPC?

Hi jordiboy, thanks Smile. The furniture is all from the Ikea Besta line. As you see in the pics, it's 3,60m long, has 4 doors and 2 smaller drawers. You'll find everything you need in the ikea website. Should you be missing something or need some more help, don't hesitate to ask further! Oh, since that pics I've added another 60cm cabinet, pics coming today or tomorrow, stay tunned Smile
i am green with envy.

[/php]
i am green with envy.

Not my Home Theater, but I wish it was. The picture above is taken from this AVS article:

http://www.avsforum.com/a/home-theater-w...now-anyway

Very interesting and heated discussion in the comments to it, makes for a nice read.
Wink 

Been a while since i've been around these parts but pretty happy with this for now and for a uni setup I don't think it's too bad at all.

TV: Samsung ES6800 40" LED Full HD Smart 3D TV - Here with 4x pairs of Samsung SSG-4100 (active) glasses - Here.

Surround Sound: Onkyo HT-S3405 package - Here which has the HT-R390 reciever and HTP-348 5.1 speaker package. Capable of DD, DTS, Dolby True-HD and DTS-HD.

XMBC: Raspberry Pi Model B (256mb RAM) with Raspbmc RC5 and XBMC Frodo nightly from 22nd October 2012.

NAS: Readynas Duo - Here with 2 X 2TB Western Digital Green SATA drives - Here in X-Raid so can only access 2TB but other 2TB is a mirror.

Router: Apple Airport Extreme, all hard wired with Cat 5 or Cat 5.e

Also an Xbox 360 hidden behind there.

XBMC is interfaced via HDMI-CEC (Anytime+ as Samsung brand it) all through the standard Samsung TV remote.
Set Up
Raspberry Pi running Raspbmc - XBMC 12.2
40" Samsung ES6800 LED Smart 3D 1080P TV
Onkyo HTS3405 5.1 DD True HD and DTS-HD Surround Sound
ReadyNAS Duo with 4TB (2 x 2TB X-RAID) Western Digital Caviar Green using NFS
(2012-10-23, 12:55)deanmv Wrote: Image

what skin is that?
An older version of ReFocus with the "alternative home screen" activated and also a little self edited for my own preferences. I've got it here if you want though: Download
Set Up
(2012-10-23, 12:55)deanmv Wrote: Image

Been a while since i've been around these parts but pretty happy with this for now and for a uni setup I don't think it's too bad at all.

TV: Samsung ES6800 40" LED Full HD Smart 3D TV - Here with 4x pairs of Samsung SSG-4100 (active) glasses - Here.

Surround Sound: Onkyo HT-S3405 package - Here which has the HT-R390 reciever and HTP-348 5.1 speaker package. Capable of DD, DTS, Dolby True-HD and DTS-HD.

XMBC: Raspberry Pi Model B (256mb RAM) with Raspbmc RC5 and XBMC Frodo nightly from 22nd October 2012.

NAS: Readynas Duo - Here with 2 X 2TB Western Digital Green SATA drives - Here in X-Raid so can only access 2TB but other 2TB is a mirror.

Router: Apple Airport Extreme, all hard wired with Cat 5 or Cat 5.e

Also an Xbox 360 hidden behind there.

XBMC is interfaced via HDMI-CEC (Anytime+ as Samsung brand it) all through the standard Samsung TV remote.

That setup looks awesome. Love that home page look.

Question: Can we get a video of the performance and playback on the Pi? I'm ready to move forward with my first dedicated HTPC but not sure I want to spend the $400 right now.
There is some of it playing Big Buck Bunny on youtube someone. But I can play my Toy Story 2 which is full 1920x 1080 and Dolby Digital 5.1 and it doesn't drop a frame or buffer once. The video bitrate hits around 30mbps sometimes so for a £30 device it's not all bad!
Set Up
That sounds awesome, how does it load on boot up? Does the skin load quickly also?
(2012-10-23, 21:16)UnderCoverUZI Wrote: That sounds awesome, how does it load on boot up? Does the skin load quickly also?

Yeah it is all pretty snappy, got a video of boot and flicking through some films/placing one, just uploading now. Sometimes can jutter when scanning through a big library (I have 180+ films) which you will see but that is the worst it gets. Will edit in link when it finishes uploading.

Edit: and video here https://dl.dropbox.com/u/9611422/Boot.mov
Set Up
Here's my setup:

and here's a video of it in action:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRjVK05qS1c

More to come soon Big Grin
  • 54(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help