• 49(current)
Post your setup pictures
when are some of these going to be put into the xbmc hall of fame on xbmc.org Some of these setups are outstanding.
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
Here is my fresh xbmc setup

Room:
- case Zalman HD160plus
- Xbmc PVR eden
- VDR with 2 dvb-c
- Debian , kernel 3.2.9
- Imon + Logitech Harmony ( mce mode )
- boblight with athmolight setup

Bedroom:
- case Zotac HD11
- openelec pvr

Remotes:
- Logitech Harmony 900
- Ipad 2
- Iphone 4

TV furniture is home made from Ikea kitchen units without foots, the perfect dimension to fit my server inside. ( 60cm depth ) Smile

inside:

I'll be adding a Samsung LN46D630 to my setup soon, will add pics when it gets here and I have everything set up. Smile

I had troubles with the LG 47LK520 and ended up sending it back Sad

My HTPC :
Case : Antec ISK 100
Mother board : ASRock H61M-ITX
CPU : Core i3-2120T
RAM : 2 x 2 Go
SSD : Kingston SSDNow V100 64 Go
Remote :Microsoft remote
TV : Sony KDL-46W3000
A/V receiver : Sony STR-DG 510
NAS : Netgear ReadyNAS Duo 2 x 2 To RAID1

Here is some pics of my living room.

And a closer look.

From left to right :
- Internet provider box (with DVB-T tuner and Bluray disc)
- Audio/Video receiver
- Nintendo Wii (hide in the drawer)
- HTPC under A/V receiver

This 2 pics were taken in WAF mode Big Grin

Now, in Cinema mode :

Unfortunalty, no more central speaker (low WAF).

Rear speakers are in wall speakers :

The half-wall behind TV is home-made and have multiple purposes :
- hide wires (ethernet, speakers, antenna, ...)
- hide network switch and surge protect device)
- hide LED light when watching movies

Sorry for my english, but, you know, I'm French so ...

Main HTPC : Odroid-C2 running CoreELEC with Titan Bingie
Secondary HTPC : Freebox Mini 4K running Android TV with Titan Bingie
Loving the idea of the wall Mikebzh44! I always like setups where you can't see any of the cabling and this is a good way of hiding it.
Set Up
Raspberry Pi running Raspbmc - XBMC 12.2
40" Samsung ES6800 LED Smart 3D 1080P TV
Onkyo HTS3405 5.1 DD True HD and DTS-HD Surround Sound
ReadyNAS Duo with 4TB (2 x 2TB X-RAID) Western Digital Caviar Green using NFS
I have been a long time lurker of these forums but have been using XBMC for about 2 years now. My sound set up compromises of Quad 11l2's at the front, a Quad L2 centre speaker and a pair of Quad lites at the rear. The sub is a BK XLS200 MK2, and the amp a Sony es 2400. The projector I use is an Optoma HD200X.

In the AV cabinet I have a HTPC with XBMC for film playback, a PS3, and in my bedroom a couple of HP microserver's with 10TB of storage each. In all 20TB of storage. I also have a Harmony One for control of everything.

Not exactly an extensive setup, but a nice compact one for a one bedroom flat (apartment to all you US folks)...

The hardware was moved from an older Aspire HTPC case I had into the Zalman HD-503 seen in this photo (bottom). The amp is an older Pioneer VSX-1014 which someone sold to me for £150, which isn't bad considering it was over £1000 new. The larger speakers are Pioneer CS-7070's which i've had for about 10 years. The Smaller speakers are Tannoy Mercury F1 Customs and a matching centre-speaker. No Subwoofer as I live on the 2nd floor, and don't want to annoy my neighbours. Besides, the CS-7070's pack a fair amount of bass on their own. Not setup in a "surround" configuration as far as positioning, because this flat is only rented, and I can't go drilling holes in the walls to hide cables, etc.

All my media is housed on a ReadyNAS Ultra 4, which has 4x Samsung F4EG HDD's in it, working out to about 5.4TB of storage. The NAS runs Sickbeard, CouchPotato, HeadPhones and SABnzbd+. Also have a MySQL database on the NAS for multi-room setup in the future. The HTPC runs W7-64bit, and is based on an old AthlonX2 4850e dual-core with a Sapphire Radeon 4600 for graphics. 4GB memory in total.

Other kit in the rack is a Panasonic EX95-VEBS Digibox / DVR / DVD player which I've used for transferring my old VHS tapes to DVD as well as watching TV (Had it region-unlocked prior to purchase). The Television is a 26" 2008 series Samsung LCD. I'm more a music person than a video person, so the small TV is plenty big enough for me.

The TV stand was a modular effort made of 6mm smoked / toughened glass panels. With the four tiers I had to buy to assemble it as seen here cost me £400.
@Phil4321:

Looks nice except for the black cord dangling from the projector. You could fish that through the wall or put a white wire mold over it.
THEATER: Epson 3100 3D Projector, DaLite 92" screen, 11.1.6 (Marantz SR7012 + Yamaha HTR-5960 + Onkyo ESPro) - Mixed Dialog Lift  - PSB T45/B15/S50/X1T/CS500 Speakers & Def Tech PF-1500 15" sub ; Sources: PS4, LG UP875 UHD, Nvidia Shield (KODI), ATV4K, Zidoo X9S (ZDMC), LD, GameCube
Some amazing set up in this thread, wish mine was as nice looking
Hardware - HP Proliant MicroServer N36L 8TB / Amazon Fire TV Stick
Software - NZBget / Radarr / Sonarr / uTorrent / Plex / NZB 360

Post - HQ WWE Fanart
(2012-03-19, 04:05)VonMagnum Wrote: @Phil4321:

Looks nice except for the black cord dangling from the projector. You could fish that through the wall or put a white wire mold over it.

Yeah that's on my list of things to do, its been bugging me too Smile
(2012-03-18, 14:58)phill4321 Wrote: Image

What's that screen? It looks like it's framed? That would be so cool.
(2012-03-19, 21:15)phill4321 Wrote:

What do you do during daylight hours about the light through the windows? I've got blackout drapes here and they work wonders (and since I'm in a bilevel, it also helps with heating/cooling by having them across the doorways when I'm using the room (room can be made pitch black during the day).
THEATER: Epson 3100 3D Projector, DaLite 92" screen, 11.1.6 (Marantz SR7012 + Yamaha HTR-5960 + Onkyo ESPro) - Mixed Dialog Lift  - PSB T45/B15/S50/X1T/CS500 Speakers & Def Tech PF-1500 15" sub ; Sources: PS4, LG UP875 UHD, Nvidia Shield (KODI), ATV4K, Zidoo X9S (ZDMC), LD, GameCube
(2012-03-19, 22:32)Eoghlear Wrote:
(2012-03-18, 14:58)phill4321 Wrote:

What's that screen? It looks like it's framed? That would be so cool.

Yeah its a fixed projector screen made by Beamax. The advantage of a fixed screen is it is completely flat with no curling appearing by the edges. My old role up screen was terrible for it, and I ditched it for this reason. I have a TV in the living room, and only my projector is in this room. So no need for a screen that pulls up to make room for a TV.
(2012-03-19, 23:24)VonMagnum Wrote:
(2012-03-19, 21:15)phill4321 Wrote:

What do you do during daylight hours about the light through the windows? I've got blackout drapes here and they work wonders (and since I'm in a bilevel, it also helps with heating/cooling by having them across the doorways when I'm using the room (room can be made pitch black during the day).

The role up blinds you see are black out blinds, but I found that some light still leaked around the edges and could sometimes drown out the image. So I bought some blackout curtain lining from ebay and made it the size of the window frames. I then added velcro strips to both the blackout lining and the window frames, and also some window suction cups to the corners of the fabric. This creates a curtain that bonds straight over the window and allows no light through the window. The photos you see previously was taken in the day and as you can see, no light can leak through. If you wish I can post images on how I made them.
Yeah, manual roll-up screens typically create some distortion, especially noticeable during pans, but electric screens are typically tensioned and do not have that problem and have the advantage of a good WAF (wife acceptance factor) and/or in my case, let me use the window that is behind the screen during the day if I want the room naturally lit.

I just got the cat-5e wire put coming from the basement lucky enough the electrician was able to fish it with a cam now what im wondering is if i get an hdmi splitter with a converter to 2 cat-6 pulled all the way to my bedroom upstairs convert it back to hdmi connect to the tv upstairs will the bluetooth go through the walls for the wireless keyboard and mouse To work in my room ?
Thanks
  • 49(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Post your setup pictures7